new roster up for 2023-2024

How many 4 Star players on this roster? I’ll start with a couple. I’ll add as you guys identify more:
Mitchell
Christie
Wilson
Ihnen
Betts
Garcia

Who got these guys, other than Ihnen, in Maroon and Gold?

Add:
Hawkins
Carrington
JOJ
Payne
Fox
And others that can surprise in time.
The highly underrated Ramberg.
Reader
Purcell
Unsigned

I like this roster a lot, but I am told it has no talent. lol at the ‘hole experts.

When this team gets out together…
Bad coaches do not attract this talent.
Need NIL!

Last edited:

How many 4 Star players on this roster? I’ll start with a couple. I’ll add as you guys identify more:
Mitchell
Christie
Wilson
Ihnen
Betts
Just more info for your list. Jack Wilson was a 4-star recruit (per ESPN) out of high school.

PREP
Attended Junipero Serra High School and graduated in 2018 • four-star recruit (ESPN.com) • averaged 16.2 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game as a junior • NorCal Clash All-Star Game as a junior • WCAL All-League Team as a sophomore and a junior • four-time All-Conference • state champions as a sophomore • played AAU with Team Arsenal.

Mitchell
Christie
Wilson
Ihnen
Betts
Wilson? In football?

Garcia is the highest rated of them all out of HS.
Ihnen
Betts
Christie

Mitchell was a 3* out of HS. 4* as a transfer.

Just more info for your list. Jack Wilson was a 4-star recruit (per ESPN) out of high school.

PREP
Attended Junipero Serra High School and graduated in 2018 • four-star recruit (ESPN.com) • averaged 16.2 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game as a junior • NorCal Clash All-Star Game as a junior • WCAL All-League Team as a sophomore and a junior • four-time All-Conference • state champions as a sophomore • played AAU with Team Arsenal.
Well shit.

PREP
Just hasn't had the right coach to harness his immense talent yet.

Wilson? In football?

Ihnen
Betts
Christie

Wilson only played basketball until a junior in college when he had a short foray into football which he had never played. He was a strength and conditioning coach for the football team at WSU when the coach recruited him to play. He lettered, but it wasn’t his thing. Then basketball coach recruited him. Now he a is here as a basketball player continuing to convert his body for basketball.
Your knowledge is truly weak.

Wilson? In football?

Ihnen
Betts
Christie

Read Mitchell’s bio on the roster posted in this thread. He was a top California 4 star out of HS. Weak Otis. Blasting false info to tear down a Gopher student athlete. I expect no less.

Mitchell
Christie
Wilson
Ihnen
Betts
Garcia

Add:
Hawkins
Carrington
JOJ
Payne
Fox
Reader
Purcell
Unsigned

I like this roster a lot, but I am told it has no talent. lol at the ‘hole experts.

Need NIL!
Just win, CBJ.

We have two 4 Star guards. A 1 and a combo. Plus Hawkins and Carrington

We have two 4 Star 3s. The position everyone is wetting their blankets over.

We have 4 Star 4.

We have a 4 Star 5.
Plus Payne who started 4 games last year as a true freshman.

A lot of quality depth.

This is a well balanced roster.

Really hoping this group can play defense. If they can, I think they'll be alright.
We have 10 high quality players. They can and must play a very aggressive defense. Don’t wear anyone down. Rotate before fatigue. We need Swarming Killer Bees.

Mitchell
Christie
Wilson
Ihnen
Betts
Garcia

Add:
Hawkins
Carrington
JOJ
Payne
Fox
Reader
Purcell
Unsigned

Need NIL!

So much talent we're scared to play anyone even half decent in the non conference and actually backed out of an event with two other great programs and a decent program. You'd think if the coaches had any confidence in this roster, they'd schedule someone with a pulse.

So much talent we're scared to play anyone even half decent in the non conference and actually backed out of an event with two other great programs and a decent program. You'd think if the coaches had any confidence in this roster, they'd schedule someone with a pulse.
No you wouldn’t. Garcia was the only 4 star with PT last year. Payne started only 4 games and projects to be our starting 5. This is a brand new team to each other and the coaches. They need glorified scrimmages to prepare for a demanding conference schedule. That’s a fact.

This just a fan board and you have every right to your opinion. Just try to develop better opinions. 😳

No you wouldn’t. Garcia was the only 4 star with PT last year. Payne started only 4 games and projects to be our starting 5. This is a brand new team to each other and the coaches. They need glorified scrimmages to prepare for a demanding conference schedule. That’s a fact.

This just a fan board and you have every right to your opinion. Just try to develop better opinions. 😳

Sure, playing 6 or 7 shitty games is one thing. Lining up the whole non conference schedule with absolute crap, isn't going to prepare them for the B1G schedule. Sad and pathetic.

If we have so much talent, test yourself, at least one fucking time in the non conference.

Read Mitchell’s bio on the roster posted in this thread. He was a top California 4 star out of HS. Weak Otis. Blasting false info to tear down a Gopher student athlete. I expect no less.
Umm, nice update to your post which originally excluded Garcia from your 4* list made through your extensive knowledge.

Also, Mitchell was a three star out of HS ON 247, ESPN, and rivals. The only site giving him a 4 is on3.

You know the shit you post is in print for everyone to see that you don’t know what your talking about.

Yes, there are 5 or 6 4* recruits in this team. But there are reasons the U is picked to finish last almost unanimously!

I could break those reasons down for you but you probably wouldn’t understand.

Wilson only played basketball until a junior in college when he had a short foray into football which he had never played. He was a strength and conditioning coach for the football team at WSU when the coach recruited him to play. He lettered, but it wasn’t his thing. Then basketball coach recruited him. Now he a is here as a basketball player continuing to convert his body for basketball.
Your knowledge is truly weak.
I'm a Wilson fan. We need another big to play in the B1G. Watching to see what he can do is part of what's going to make this an interesting season. To me, the fact that there's basically always a high turnover of players, is part of what makes the college game so much more interesting than the NBA. You never know what you really have until the season gets going.

So, we have 10 guys somebody else might give a scholarship to, BUT that's counting on Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox to be healthy. So we really have 8 who you feel are good to go physically.
Plus, Ramburg, Purcell, Reader and Wilson
I just don't see that roster as a coach worried about winning. Totally, building a roster that has guys who will be happy with their playing time.
We need an abundance of good fortune to win 5 games, starting with just the basic of what if any of the 8 sprains an ankle or gets the flu or? No problem we got Ihnen, Fox and Wilson.
Oh, you say a guard is the guy out? ...well, we got Ramberg...he plays hard. Big Ten Golden Gopher Basketball.

Cam Christie 6'6" 190 LBS. Very encouraging...if true

Sure, playing 6 or 7 shitty games is one thing. Lining up the whole non conference schedule with absolute crap, isn't going to prepare them for the B1G schedule. Sad and pathetic.

If we have so much talent, test yourself, at least one fucking time in the non conference.
Obviously you have no coaching experience. You don’t build a new team throwing them to the wolves. This team has a chance and you would damage that chance.

I think the San Fran game will be a solid challenge as a road game. But yeah, I wish we would have stayed in the Vegas tourney.
The San Francisco game is our only marquee event so far for sure. It is a neutral site game at the Chase Center and not at the school itself.
Echo your thoughts on Vegas.

Obviously you have no coaching experience. You don’t build a new team throwing them to the wolves. This team has a chance and you would damage that chance.
Tell that to the Big Ten opponents in December, please. We'll need some mercy.

I'm not saying the star system has no merit. but those are individual ratings for individual players.

basketball is a team game. the key is whether - or how well - the individual players can work together to become part of an effective team.

we've all seen what happens in the NBA with so-called 'super teams' that never seem to mesh, or some of these college teams full of "one-and-dones" that can't seem to find ways to play as a unit.

recruiting is important. but once you get the players in the gym, the coaches have to find a way to turn a collection of individuals into a team. and that may be one of the areas where the jury is still out on Ben Johnson & his staff.

I don't know what to expect from this group.

I'm not asking for them to be thrown to the wolves. I'm asking for one or two decent non conference games. There is such a thing as building confidence by playing and beating a good team. Is playing a top 100 opponent or two really asking too much? We're scheduling like a bunch of cowards. It's pathetic. PSU has a whole brand new team and they've managed to already schedule 4 games better than our best game. Props to them.

Umm, nice update to your post which originally excluded Garcia from your 4* list made through your extensive knowledge.

Also, Mitchell was a three star out of HS ON 247, ESPN, and rivals. The only site giving him a 4 is on3.

You know the shit you post is in print for everyone to see that you don’t know what your talking about.

Yes, there are 5 or 6 4* recruits in this team. But there are reasons the U is picked to finish last almost unanimously!

I could break those reasons down for you but you probably wouldn’t understand.
My dear dear Otis: Go to the first post on this thread. Click on the link. Scroll down to PREP. Go down 6 lines. It says he was the 10th rated player in California and rated a 4 star by 247. I sincerely hope this is not too big a challenge for you. I broke it down simply enough for a 3rd grader.
I left out Garcia on purpose to encourage the winner fans to add optimism to the post. Instead I got a loser fan who doesn’t read well. The only thing broken down is you.

Top Bottom