New RB offer

Looks good on tape.

We need a big time running back. Trying to think back...was Gary Russell the last one that we had?? (stay in school kids)

pharmacygopher said:
Looks good on tape.

We need a big time running back. Trying to think back...was Gary Russell the last one that we had?? (stay in school kids)
Russell was ok but I'm thinking back further to Maroney.

I highly suspect that he will be getting plenty of offers, good to be first. Hopefully LSU doesn't offer.

http://tulane.scout.com/2/1140773.html

"I want to go to LSU really bad," said Sherman Badie. "I also like Mississippi State, Tulane and Florida. Tulane has a good new coach (Curtis Johnson)."

Badie has teammates committed to both LSU and Mississippi State. John Curtis senior tight end Dillon Gordon is set to sign with the Tigers in February, and senior defensive end Torrey Bell will ink with Mississippi State.

Curtis went 14-0 in 2011 and Badie earned first-team all-state honors, rushing for 1,239 yards on 87 carries (14.24 yards per attempt) with 19 touchdowns. In the state championship game, a 33-3 win over Winnfield, Badie led all rushers with 107 yards.

"It was an outstanding season," he said. "I'm proud of what we accomplished. I like to break tackles, keep my feet, and score.

"I want to get my 40 time from a 4.5 to a 4.4. I also want to increase my bench press from 320 pounds to 350, and my squat from 425 to 450."

Badie had a season-high of 156 yards on six carries vs. Riverside Academy and scored three touchdowns in two contests (vs. Kinder and Carver).

He competes in the 100 meters and the 4 X 100 relay for Curtis' track team, which is the two-time defending state champion.

"I'm ready to work," he said in anticipation of the Patriots' forthcoming track and field season.

Damn, looks like a pure Houston veer. Even linemen in 4 point stances. I hated that offense in high school, I was completely unsuited for it.

I highly suspect that he will be getting plenty of offers, good to be first. Hopefully LSU doesn't offer.

http://tulane.scout.com/2/1140773.html

"I want to go to LSU really bad," said Sherman Badie. "I also like Mississippi State, Tulane and Florida. Tulane has a good new coach (Curtis Johnson)."

Badie has teammates committed to both LSU and Mississippi State. John Curtis senior tight end Dillon Gordon is set to sign with the Tigers in February, and senior defensive end Torrey Bell will ink with Mississippi State.

Curtis went 14-0 in 2011 and Badie earned first-team all-state honors, rushing for 1,239 yards on 87 carries (14.24 yards per attempt) with 19 touchdowns. In the state championship game, a 33-3 win over Winnfield, Badie led all rushers with 107 yards.

"It was an outstanding season," he said. "I'm proud of what we accomplished. I like to break tackles, keep my feet, and score.

"I want to get my 40 time from a 4.5 to a 4.4. I also want to increase my bench press from 320 pounds to 350, and my squat from 425 to 450."

Badie had a season-high of 156 yards on six carries vs. Riverside Academy and scored three touchdowns in two contests (vs. Kinder and Carver).

He competes in the 100 meters and the 4 X 100 relay for Curtis' track team, which is the two-time defending state champion.

"I'm ready to work," he said in anticipation of the Patriots' forthcoming track and field season.

Are things looking up here? Normally by now we would have had at least a couple of "He is gone!" I suspect he may be very tough to land but if Coach Kill can get him to make a visit, I wouldn't necessarily bet against Coach Kill. Baby steps gentlemen. Baby steps.

From 1996 to 2008 John Curtis Christian won state every year but one. Joe McKnight went to school there.

"I want to get my 40 time from a 4.5 to a 4.4."

IALTO

mkAz said:

I'd take that stat line against Nebraska in 2013.

Top Bottom