New QB verbal

Remember, these are my opinions, and if you can't respect them, then don't say anything at all. To answer your question, yes, I have posted positive remarks about the Gophers, just not lately.

I think a lot of it has to do with a forum such as this as a mode for communication. There are studies that suggest that up to 93% of communication is nonverbal; tone, gesticulations, etc. Many people call these studies into question, but that is not the point. I think it is fair to state that it is difficult to express thoughts effectively just by posting on a board.

I think that people on this board read things like this, a post of yours from a different thread:

"Beal is no doubt going to help BIG TIME next season, but I don't think he'll be a program-changing player. That just doesn't happen that often at LB. He's a GREAT start though."

Even when you posted a positive comment about this prospective player, it is still couched with more than a tinge of negativity.

People read too much into a post when the person posting it usually only spends a few seconds pounding some keys to be part of the conversation.

Please take no offense to this, it is just my observation.

Welcome aboard. Look forward to some of these Myth Engineers(tm) trying to bring you down sometime in the future :)

Wait and see how the class as a whole turns out before we declare that Brew has gotten back on track with his sparkling recruiting classes.

So it's ok for you to make comments about how bad the recruiting classes have been but it's not ok to be positive about a few commits? You shouldn't be telling people to "wait and see" all the time if you're not doing the same.

Luckily he doesn't have to play for another 3-4 years, so he has time to develop.

dude a Ginger QB lets not get too excited.

Harold (Red) Grange one of the all time greats was a red head. Brad Johnson and Sonny Jurgensen were two pro quarterbacks that bore more than a passing resemblance to Opie. Sounds like pretty good company to me.

From what I gather, his shuttle time may've been a red flag. His shuttle and 40 times are only .13 apart. Usually kids are closer to .3-.4 apart regardless of whether they're fast or slow. The 4.8+ shuttle could be an indication (real or perceived) of a lack of mobility.

you dont really need to be a mobile quarterback to be run a pro style offense...all you need to do is be able to run a good play-action and be able to step forward when the pocket starts to collapse.

not to be a dick, but please name 1 other ginger who has ever been even a decent QB? I'm just playing the percentages.

While trying to be funny, you made yourself look like an absolute moron.

LMAO there are clearly some very sensitive gingers on this board (I don't have to say who they are). He is just making a joke, lighten up a little, I thought it was very funny.
________
HERBAL VAPORIZERS

From A "Brown-Haired Handsome Man"

not to be a dick, but please name 1 other ginger who has ever been even a decent QB? I'm just playing the percentages.

garcia2-jac07.jpg

archie1.jpg

wadewilson2_display_image.jpg

you dont really need to be a mobile quarterback to be run a pro style offense...all you need to do is be able to run a good play-action and be able to step forward when the pocket starts to collapse.

Good point, but this is still probably a good reason why he may not have had the offers you'd expect for top 20 2011 QB recruit.

LMAO there are clearly some very sensitive gingers on this board (I don't have to say who they are). He is just making a joke, lighten up a little, I thought it was very funny.

I'm not laughing I find any kind of predjudice repugnant.

Top Bottom