New Q&A: Frank Ragnow Talks Gophers Win Over Northwestern, Setting Up Official Visits

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
New Q&A: Frank Ragnow Talks Gophers Win Over Northwestern, Setting Up Official Visits

Q&A: Frank Ragnow Talks Gophers Win Over Northwestern, Setting Up Official Visits
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/302852?referrer_id=388419

Frank Ragnow, a 6-6, 300-pound senior tackle/defensive end from Chanhassen, is the top available Minnesota player and has continued to pick up offers from several top programs. Gopher Hole caught up with Ragnow after Chanhassen's 28-14 win over Waconia Tuesday to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, a nice win for you. You were really able to establish the running game. How pleased were you with the win?

Frank Ragnow: I am not too happy. We should have played way better than that. The first half, was great. The second half, we turned the ball over. It was not pretty. Otherwise, we ran the ball hard and that was what we want to do to every team.

Gopher Hole: How about your team's play? You lost the first two games of the season, but have now won seven straight. You have to be pretty pleased with the way you played down the stretch.

Frank Ragnow: Oh, yes. We have been hot recently. We just have to keep going. Mankato West is the team that beat us in the section finals last year in overtime on the last play. That is a big one for us.

Gopher Hole: Is that a game that you have been looking forward to for a while now?

Frank Ragnow: We have kept that on our minds since last year. We are bitter from that.

Gopher Hole: You have a couple of revenge games possibly with Mankato West Saturday and if you get past them you would likely play Chaska, your crosstown rival who you lost to in the season opener.

Frank Ragnow: Yes.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment? I heard that Coach Brett Bielema of Arkansas was here Monday.

Frank Ragnow: Yes. Coach Bielema and Coach Pittman, the O-line coach from Arkansas were here yesterday. They just came in and sat down on the field and checked out practice and everything. Recently, Ohio State has offered me a scholarship and Miami has offered me a scholarship.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to go to many college football games this fall?

Frank Ragnow: My last game was Wisconsin-UMass. Other than that I have been pretty busy.

Gopher Hole: Have you been to any Gopher games?

Frank Ragnow: No. I haven't been able to catch one. I am pretty bummed out about that.

Gopher Hole: How many schools are you really considering right now? Have you narrowed down the list or are you still pretty open?

Frank Ragnow: I am down to nine right now. Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, Arkansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Cal Berkley and Vanderbilt.

Gopher Hole: Have you decided about any official visits that you are going to take?

Frank Ragnow: I haven't really gotten that far. For sure, Arkansas and Florida State. Those one are for sure, but otherwise I haven't figured anything else.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to wait for the season to finish up before you really do much more?

Frank Ragnow: I really want to focus on the season right now.

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play? How pleased are you with your play this year?

Frank Ragnow: I have been pretty pleased with how I have played. I have really stepped it up on defense and just finishing my blocks. I have been able to play long snapper, which I like a lot.

Gopher Hole: You are playing both sides of the field. Do you like that?

Frank Ragnow: I love it. I hate coming off, profusely. I love it.

Gopher Hole: What about your other sports? Are you still going to play basketball and do track and field this year?

Frank Ragnow: I am a captain for the basketball team, so I'll keep playing basketball and am a captain for the track team, so I'll throw the shot put still.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about when you are going to try to decide on a school?

Frank Ragnow: Just when it comes to me. Nothing really set.

Gopher Hole: I know that you are close to the Gopher coaching staff. What are you talking to them about?

Frank Ragnow: We have just been talking about they said that they were my "first date." They were my first offer and they knew that I was going to be nationally recruited and they just keep reminding me that they were "first date" and they want to keep building a relationship with me.

Gopher Hole: I know that you haven't had a chance to go to any of their games, but have you been able to watch them on TV?

Frank Ragnow: I watched the Northwestern game last week. That was a fun game to watch. It was a good win.

After today's big win, when can we expect his commitment to MINNESOTA!!!

Top Bottom