New PWO-John McKelvey

Fantastic get for a PWO. He didn't have any listed offers, but he appeared to be holding out for a BCS offer. His video looks excellent for a non-scholarship player. Count me as one who has been extremely impressed with the caliber of PWOs coming in under Kill, from Trucilla, Heifort, Christenson, etc. last year, to this year's crop. If nothing else, there is no doubt in my mind that the bottom half of the roster will be much better than it has in years.

Fantastic get for a PWO. He didn't have any listed offers, but he appeared to be holding out for a BCS offer. His video looks excellent for a non-scholarship player. Count me as one who has been extremely impressed with the caliber of PWOs coming in under Kill, from Trucilla, Heifort, Christenson, etc. last year, to this year's crop. If nothing else, there is no doubt in my mind that the bottom half of the roster will be much better than it has in years.

Agreed. McKelvey can run. Depth is obviously important for every team, but if those kids hang on to become seniors it will make a huge difference for a team like Minnesota that might not be reeling in the studs every year. Seniors win football games.

University School is a quality private school in the Cleveland suburbs. Not known for producing many football players (more focus on yuppie sports like golf, tennis, and lacrosse), but at least he should be a good student.

Jason Garrett (Cowboys head coach) starred there and then went to Princeton and the NFL.

Welcome John! This looks like a solid get for the program. Not only can he run but he also looks good at catching the ball. If he can block, this kid will definitely contribute.

Go Gophers!

University School is a quality private school in the Cleveland suburbs. Not known for producing many football players (more focus on yuppie sports like golf, tennis, and lacrosse), but at least he should be a good student.

Jason Garrett (Cowboys head coach) starred there and then went to Princeton and the NFL.

I did a double take when I saw his school is called University School... Thanks for the info on it.

Looks like he has really good vision, shifts gears, and runs well in a crowd. Had looks from Michigan, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Notre Dame, Syracuse, and Wisconsin. I heard Sconnie cooled on him as a walk-on.

McKelvey gots some jets!

Good good! Keep this type of PWOs coming. Many battles will be won or loss with team depth & speed. Coach Kill wants to platoon fresh subs a lot.

Good good! Keep this type of PWOs coming. Many battles will be won or loss with team depth & speed. Coach Kill wants to platoon fresh subs a lot.

Haven't you got the word? We no longer have PTOs. We have team members who are potential scholarship players per Jerry Kill. :)

Great sophomore highlights, but is he playing against junior varsity competition? Where are his junior and senior year highlights?

Thanks for finding the other highlights guys. For whatever reason when I first looked all I saw was his sophomore film.

Impressive...to me, this looks like the kind of guy that becomes your starting ball-hawk safety in years 4-5.

Impressive...to me, this looks like the kind of guy that becomes your starting ball-hawk safety in years 4-5.

I was thinking safety or slot receiver. Great running stride. He can really get it going in the open field.

Looks like a safety with his lanky body. Great speed, runs hard, I can see him flying around in centerfield. Hope he's a steal. I will remember his name.

Top Bottom