New pro hoops league proposed - you can't even make this up

Bleed; you said it best "you can't even make this up".

A lot of comments could and will follow. I propose a name for the league.

The PICL...(pronounced like pickle).
The Politically In-Correct League

LOL! They ripped this idea off from a SNL skit from about 15 years ago when Michael Jordan hosted.

Why don't they just watch Wisconsin and Iowa?

Ok - for those of you to lazy to click on the link (like I almost was), you have to see this:

A new professional basketball league boasting rosters made up exclusively of white Americans has its eyes set on Augusta, but the team isn't receiving a warm welcome.

The All-American Basketball Alliance announced in a news release Sunday evening that it intends to start its inaugural season in June and hopes Augusta will be one of 12 cities with a team.

"Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league," the statement said.

Here's another excerpt:
Don "Moose" Lewis, the commissioner of the AABA, said the reasoning behind the league's roster restrictions is not racism.

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," he said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

LOL at the stupidity and ignorance displayed there, just makes you shake your head.

Dude's been hanging out with Kyle McAlarney too much. Got sick of that special the first three times I saw it on ESPN360.

When I first heard of the proposed league, I thought someone once again got fooled by an article in The Onion. Seriously, you could take the text of that article, stick it in The Onion, and nobody would blink an eye because it fits perfectly in with the satirical format.

I probably went to my last NBA game last year. I came to that conclusion after I added up how much the evening costed me for tickets for a decent seat, parking and a couple beers......and I kept looking at my watch, wishing the game were over soon. Simply boring, one-on-one basketball. The only people who seemed more bored than me were the players. The kid next to us entertained himself and the people around us by reading out the player tatoos with his father's binocs. The kid had us in stitches. Hard to believe someone would actually write some of that stuff on their bodies.

I've never been to an NBA game, nor do I watch the NBA on TV. I would much rather watch college and high school BB, men and women both, or the Weather Channel, than the NBA. Just me, tho.

Top Bottom