New Podcast - Local Angle

Chip is a Vols fan and a college football fan...always a nice perspective...beat writer back in Mason era I think. Burns plugged in as well as anybody. Gaard gets nice access as sideline guy.

LaVelle E Neal was at practice yesterday...said he had never been to that area of campus.

Gaard is for sure the "spare"...

Another one to add to my list -- at least for now :) Hope Burns keeps doing the Gopher Gridiron pod as well...

I'm not really a podcast guy but this one should be good. Might have to give it a listen.

I'm not really a podcast guy but this one should be good. Might have to give it a listen.
Word, I am not sure of your situation, but when the people around me are sick of me (it happens) I have found podcasts go well with biking/running or walking.

Great, a second podcast where we will be regularly advised that unless we purchase a subscription we will not be enlightened with the latest super secret, insider intelligence regarding recruiting. If you want trail camera information though...

I listen to many of the Big Ten related podcasts. Gridiron is the only one that tells their audience they must buy a subscription to receive withheld information on the team. It is routine for other Big Ten pods to report openly on visiting recruits and whatever else. To each their own but I find the groveling more off-putting than the value of the information they push.

Great, a second podcast where we will be regularly advised that unless we purchase a subscription we will not be enlightened with the latest super secret, insider intelligence regarding recruiting. If you want trail camera information though...

I listen to many of the Big Ten related podcasts. Gridiron is the only one that tells their audience they must buy a subscription to receive withheld information on the team. It is routine for other Big Ten pods to report openly on visiting recruits and whatever else. To each their own but I find the groveling more off-putting than the value of the information they push.
Thank you Donny ...

I think this is a huge exaggeration. Yes, Burns admits he keeps a few nuggets for their subscribers, but it's still by far the best podcast/radio option for Gopher football information.

I think this is a huge exaggeration. Yes, Burns admits he keeps a few nuggets for their subscribers, but it's still by far the best podcast/radio option for Gopher football information.
having listened to other teams podcasts I agree with Walter that Burns talks about the paywall the most of any person I have heard. Additionally I hoped that he would cancel Gopher Gridiron. The chemistry between him and luke buer is absolutely awful.

having listened to other teams podcasts I agree with Walter that Burns talks about the paywall the most of any person I have heard. Additionally I hoped that he would cancel Gopher Gridiron. The chemistry between him and luke buer is absolutely awful.
Yes, they do spend a lot of time promoting their site. Every podcast has ads, and it's basically their own ad. That's what the fast forward button is for. :)

I will be interested to see how much overlap there is between Burns's current podcast, his Sunday morning time with Gaard and this new podcast. It's possible that something will have to go.

Agreed.
Also agreed. Chemistry and ads aside, their Gopher game breakdowns and previews are better than anything else out there. Burns usually does some of his GIF-rewinds for free for non-subscribers which is good. 247 message boards/articles are good for recruiting info (insider info), but they are a time-suck and eventually we all know who commits and who doesn't. 247 gameday info is the same content as the GGR podcast (Burns usually reads his gameday preview posts verbatim on the podcast).

Agreed.

Also agreed. Chemistry and ads aside, their Gopher game breakdowns and previews are better than anything else out there. Burns usually does some of his GIF-rewinds for free for non-subscribers which is good. 247 message boards/articles are good for recruiting info (insider info), but they are a time-suck and eventually we all know who commits and who doesn't. 247 gameday info is the same content as the GGR podcast (Burns usually reads his gameday preview posts verbatim on the podcast).
Derek Burns, who comes on for the breakdowns, is a real treat. He knows the offensive line very well and can speak conceptually about the plays which I appreciate.

In a town where there is a dearth of gopher football related coverage. There has been a market waiting to be tapped here for years especially since Fleck came to town.

I am hoping the awkwardness is simply them trying act like adversaries. It’s common in that space to act like 1 guy is Howie and the other is Bradshaw simply to create energy.

Top Bottom