New Pitino Blog 9/14/16: Back To School

After reading it. I would guess Lynch ends up starting and Springs either starts or is one of the first two guys off the bench.

Two new guys who I was unable to evaluate in the summer time were Akeem Springs and Reggie Lynch. I expect both to make an immediate impact. Reggie catches everything down low. He has a very unorthodox but effective offensive game, as well as great shot blocking timing. I am very excited about Akeem Springs! When I explain certain things to him in practice he picked it up like a pro. He's older, experienced and has a Big Ten ready body. Both Reggie and Akeem should play major minutes.

I try to hold back and contain my excitement for this team because I know talk is cheap. I would prefer to let our performance on the court do the talking. With that being said I find it extremely difficult to not dream big with these guys. We have the talent, size, length, and experience to make noise in this monster of a conference. We know last year was unacceptable on and off the court and we are confident this will be a major step forward. It is my responsibility to get this done. I welcome the challenge!

After reading it. I would guess Lynch ends up starting and Springs either starts or is one of the first two guys off the bench.

Yeah, Reggie is starting for sure. He is the best option at C by far. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting battle at SG. Regardless if it is Dupree or Akeem, whoever comes off the bench is going to get plenty of minutes anyways. I expect Dupree to get around 5-10mpg at point and around 15-20mpg at SG.

I thought there were concerns with the fact that, between his surgery and the sexual assault allegations, Lynch hadn't practiced in 7 months. I suppose there's still time between now and the start of the season. I thought Pitino said at the fair that Mason and Murphy are the only sure starters right now.

I thought there were concerns with the fact that, between his surgery and the sexual assault allegations, Lynch hadn't practiced in 7 months. I suppose there's still time between now and the start of the season. I thought Pitino said at the fair that Mason and Murphy are the only sure starters right now.

I imagine Pitino was giving him work outs to do on his own, plus having Kevin Lynch as an uncle can't hurt

Reggie was ahead of schedule in his shoulder rehab following surgery and I am sure he was working out on his own. Regardless, a month and a half is plenty of time to get back into game shape.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...is-shoulder-rehab-plus-other-notes/375615591/

At that time Lynch had not been reinstated so it's hard to say he's definitely a starter.

"Dupree McBrayer was also named Student Athlete of the Month."

Dang right! Congratulations are in order for that young man.

At that time Lynch had not been reinstated so it's hard to say he's definitely a starter.

Oh, was it? I must have mixed up the timeline of events.

I think this was from at least a couple weeks ago. I saw it on twitter and facebook, but was surprised to see no mention of it here.

Oh, was it? I must have mixed up the timeline of events.

I think this was from at least a couple weeks ago. I saw it on twitter and facebook, but was surprised to see no mention of it here.

Because it's something good, not gossip.

Did Mason get that at one point as well somewhat recently? Not sure if I'm remembering correctly or if I made that up.

Top Bottom