New Pitino Blog - 10/31/16

LM21

Reaction score
Nate Mason - 12 assists, 1 turnover! I have consistently told Nate this offseason that I want him approaching every game like he's the best point guard in the Big Ten. He certainly looked that way. He was aggressive and showed great leadership.

Dupree McBrayer - Played Dupree at the 1 and the 2 primarily. Love his versatility. Had a team high 7 deflections. He is extremely active defensively. He is playing with supreme confidence.

Reggie Lynch - Played limited minutes due to just getting back from an injury. It’s going to take some time to get Reggie in shape and adjusted. 6 fouls in 15 minutes obviously isn't ideal. He will get there. Just has to consistently practice.

Jordan Murphy - Got to the foul line 11 times was a positive. Was a little frustrated with foul trouble. Started passing the ball out of the post very well in the second half.

Amir Coffey - 13 points and 7 rebounds was terrific. Has to cut down on turnovers. 5 deflections. Very active on the defensive end. A lot of positives!

Akeem Springs - 7 for 13 from 3! The best part about it was he took very good shots. Akeem does a lot of little things. Played extremely hard on both ends.

Eric Curry - Outstanding performance for Eric. Only negative was 5 fouls. Really good passer out of the post.

Ahmad Gilbert - Played solid defense in the first half. Didn't play a whole lot. Love his competitive spirit.

Michael Hurt - Smart player, underrated toughness. Needs to shoot the 3 when open. Ultimate green light.

Gaston Diedhiou - Has to cut down on defensive mistakes when he gets in there.

Darin Haugh & Brady Rudrud - DNP

Stephon Sharp – DNP, is day-to-day with a knee injury.

No mention of Konote, kind of odd. Let the speculation begin...

Link

Loving his hype on Curry

Same, although it's a little concerning seeing Murphy, Curry, and Lynch all get mentioned for getting into foul trouble. Hopefully for Lynch it's just some sloppiness as he recovers from injury, but I think foul trouble was an ongoing issue for him at Illinois State too.

"Bakary Konaté - Bakary was very productive. Rebounded the ball well. Always plays hard."

That's funny! Pitino must have forgot about Bakary, then went back and edited later, because he 100% was not in the report when I first posted the blog yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny! Pitino must have forgot about Bakary, then went back and edited later, because he 100% was not in the report when I first posted the blog yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, I forgot something once still don't remember what it was.

Top Bottom