New OC’s named…

My guess for the co-OCs, Fleck really wants an OC who is the QB coach as well, but he also wanted to give/keep Simon in the OC spot. So you do Co-OCs and have Greg Harbaugh Jr step into the QB coach role.

the Gophs can hand out all of the titles they like.

what really matters is the offensive philosophy - which I suspect is still going to be dictated primarily by the Head Coach.

in most cases, when you bring in a new OC from outside the program, that OC typically brings in his own offensive system.

would Fleck allow that? I wonder.

this is Fleck's program, and anyone who has the OC title or calls plays is going to have to conform to Fleck's offensive philosophy.

and before anyone squawks - Fleck is the Head Coach. he has every right to run the program the way he wants. Personally, I would like to see him allow the OC more freedom, but that's probably not going to happen.
How will fans know who to cuss out when they call the wrong play though? Priorities.

Marc Trestman baby!
Haven't heard his name in a while.
True story. When the Gophers fired Brewster I wrote an emotional email to Marc Trestman that he should push for the Gopher job. I was in college at the time and there were beers involved.

A few days later I got an email back thanking me for being a Gopher fan and my note. Wishing me and my grandpa best of luck. My angle to Trestman was to get my Grandpa to a Rose Bowl before he passed.

Then he took the Bears job.

Might have been his admin, but I always thought it was super classy.

Mo's departure, Athan's emergence, beefing up the WR corps through the portal, and promoting Simon all seems to indicate we'll be shifting to a more balanced, less run-heavy offense.

Here's hoping recruiting on the offensive side of the ball is better with this duo.

Also, we need to keep our O Line elite. It's been great having one of the better O Lines in the BIG and country the past few years. Cuz we all know, that's where games are won and lost.

Maybe my favorite unintentional Sid bit of all time- he never failed to mention him, no matter if it was a Gopher, Vikings, Twins, Northstars or Kicks job opening.
I feel like Sid was both sincere in wanting Trestman here ... and also sorta understood his own meme and just had to mention Trestman just to fufil the required meme ;)

Top Bottom