New Michigan State Uniforms

Old one's were better, other than the home-hockey jersey.

Oh, nice. Looks like they are ready to apply for membership to the MAC.

Those are horrible. Another classic design goes out the door.

If they wanted continuity throughout the sports they should have matched the other sports to football. Their jerseys last year were great.

terrible. just terrible. MSU's basketball and football jerseys were pretty good before...

Yuck.

Nike strikes again.

Dantonio had gone back to the traditional, plain, sharp-looking uniform, now they're back to this. I know at least a couple Spartan fans wretching at the sight of the new football unis, especially the ones Greg Jones (53) and Kirk Cousins (8) are modeling.

In fairness, Sparty's new basketball unis this past season were an improvement. Izzo's a great coach, but his taste in uniforms over the years has left something to be desired.

The comments from the "featured columnist" were the only good thing about this. I know the guy is just a fan, but it read like he did the kneepad two-step at the Nike headquarters.

Old one's were better, other than the home-hockey jersey.

My thoughts exactly.

But I would like to add that the reverse of the volleyball ones were pretty nice too. :cool02:

Nike could've done a lot more damage in my opinion. These unis aren't awesome, but they aren't terrible to the level of Oregon. MSU had the best unis in the conference in my opinion, nice and clean look with great colors, it is sad they felt the need ($$) to change.

horrible. does nike actually employ formally trained designers???

vballback_display_image.jpg

yeah baby!

I like the basketball jerseys and the all green football jerseys. I don't care for the white/green football.

These new jerseys are exactly what Michigan State needed to create a new brand for itself.

Last time I checked, no team has ever lost to a "brand," and I think it's arguable at best that teams that believe changing their uniforms every year will lead to better recruiting, etc. I can go down the list of teams that never change their uniforms and seem to be ok, but it would be fairly long.

I just don't get the changing uniforms thing...it's just a way to sell new stuff to fans, and nothing more.

Top Bottom