New Mexico State game question

1gophergnu

Reaction score
What will the Gophers have to do against the Aggies to stop all the whining that came after a 28 point win?

What will the Gophers have to do against the Aggies to increase all the whining that came after a 28 point win?

FIFY!

Show no class, run up the score, and win by 42 might help..

If the gophs put up 100pts would that be good enough?

What will the Gophers have to do against the Aggies to stop all the whining that came after a 28 point win?

The only thing that could possibly shut the trolls up would be to cancel the game and play UNC instead.

Look like a Big Ten team facing an inferior team... it's really that simple...

Look like a Big Ten team facing an inferior team... it's really that simple...

This! Rush for 200 yards (with RB's doing the bulk of the work), outgain NMSU, physically dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball, and just generally impose their will. Between UNLV and NMSU, we're talking about two of the worst programs in FBS -- ever. There shouldn't even be a discussion following the game about why people are whining -- because your team should dominate the game so bad that there's no ROOM for discussion. Look, I'm not complaining, whining, or trolling. I just expected our team to be better than what they showed on Thursday. Maybe they played poorly...maybe UNLV is better than we thought...maybe the gameplan was SO vanilla that even Alabama wouldn't have done better...that doesn't change the fact that we were outgained, gave up a TON of yards to a historically very poor team, and just generally looked like sh*t on offense. People can make little tongue in cheek comments all they want, and they can call people like me a "whiner," but it doesn't change those things. I was disappointed. I'm hoping for better this week. Go Gophers!

Establish a legitimate run and/or pass offense. Something to give hope for the B1G season.

This! Rush for 200 yards (with RB's doing the bulk of the work), outgain NMSU, physically dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball, and just generally impose their will. Between UNLV and NMSU, we're talking about two of the worst programs in FBS -- ever. There shouldn't even be a discussion following the game about why people are whining -- because your team should dominate the game so bad that there's no ROOM for discussion. Look, I'm not complaining, whining, or trolling. I just expected our team to be better than what they showed on Thursday. Maybe they played poorly...maybe UNLV is better than we thought...maybe the gameplan was SO vanilla that even Alabama wouldn't have done better...that doesn't change the fact that we were outgained, gave up a TON of yards to a historically very poor team, and just generally looked like sh*t on offense. People can make little tongue in cheek comments all they want, and they can call people like me a "whiner," but it doesn't change those things. I was disappointed. I'm hoping for better this week. Go Gophers!

+28
The team I saw Thursday is a 1 or 2 BT win squad. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know football.

THIS
CONTROL, what you're supposed to control. 28 point win or not, UNLV controlled both lines of scrimmage. We might be
able to fluke out some special team scores against teams like this, but tell me....how well is that going to hold up against
anyone in the B1G???

THIS
CONTROL, what you're supposed to control. 28 point win or not, UNLV controlled both lines of scrimmage. We might be
able to fluke out some special team scores against teams like this, but tell me....how well is that going to hold up against
anyone in the B1G???

Well put...

Maybe a better 1st quarter than Texas?
Winning won't stop whining... and there will remain teaching points in wins and losses. I just want to see improvement from one week to the next. I'm happy we are 1-0. That is what we needed to do to start.

Maybe a better 1st quarter than Texas?
Winning won't stop whining... and there will remain teaching points in wins and losses. I just want to see improvement from one week to the next. I'm happy we are 1-0. That is what we needed to do to start.

Not sure if you will or won't see improvement, but I can guarantee that you'll hear about the biggest improvement for any team is from week one to week two. You'll hear it from coaches, writers, broadcasters and posters here. It's inevitable.

All Minnie has to do is win the game. Last year we lost.

Dean, I will pull a dpodoll policeman accuracy comment here. That was 2 years ago. Last year we went 4-0 OOC.

Top Bottom