New Mexico St is suspending it’s basketball season until further notice

Also the hazing is something they have complete control over administratively. The tampering with evidence and not immediately cooperating with the police is more of an external legal issue. Both are fireable offenses but the latter could take longer to dot is and cross ts. Regardless, it’s a really bad situation close to the Bliss and Baylor situation 20 odd years ago. Makes you feel good about a few phony papers.
Makes me chuckle, as I think remember the consternation about Pitino not returning his rental car with a full tank

Not that there’s ever a “good” time for this to happen, but this is a particularly bad time for NMSU to have this issue. From the ESPN article:

“The Aggies are supposed to move into Conference USA next year… Leadership at the school is also in flux. The board of regents recently decided not to renew the contract of Chancellor Dan Arvizu, which expires in June. Over the past 14 months, both the school's president and provost have resigned or been removed from their positions.”

I’m curious if Conference USA still wants them when the dust settles. I assume they do, but it’ll be interesting to watch.
CUSA is desperate for programs. The conference was close to folding, which is one reason they took Liberty when nobody else would touch them. Plus, except the Big East or other smaller D1 conferences, football is king. This will have no effect.

Eww. This is going to be one of those plunger handle or broomstick deals I suspect. What the hell drives anyone to do something like that?
Didn’t they force the player to shoot someone? 🤔

Eww. This is going to be one of those plunger handle or broomstick deals I suspect. What the hell drives anyone to do something like that?
I don't buy it for a second.

Sounds fabricated to try to cover up the shooting and fleeing from police.

https://www.startribune.com/new-mex...sex-harassment-allegations/600251103/[/QUOTE]

-after-sex-harassment-allegations/600251103/[/URL]
Arvizu said the shutdown was in response to a report filed to campus police on Friday by a player against three teammates. According to the report, the victim said that on Feb. 6, his teammates held him down "removed his clothing exposing his buttocks and began to slap his (buttocks). He also went on to state that they also touched his scrotum."

There are people who will pay Good $$$ for that.

geez. it's one thing for stuff like this to happen with HS-aged athletes - who are younger and presumably less mature.

but for crap like this to be taking place on a college team is really pathetic. all of the players are legal adults and under the law, are presumed to have better judgement.

the question is - does the NCAA actually do something, or just wait for the legal system to do whatever it's going to do to everyone involved.

Why would NM State be staying in Albuquerque long enough after the game for a player to go off on his own to bang some local student?? How is that even possible for players to be let off on their own at all. Don't you just shower, dress, and get directly on the team bus to leave out of the locker room?
Two things to be corrected . . . first, the shooting happened the night BEFORE the game, so the question is why four of the players were there in a car rather than the team bus. Second, Gopher fans of a certain age know that players don't just shower, dress and leave town . . . when they are visiting Madison.

first, the shooting happened the night BEFORE the game, so the question is why four of the players were there in a car rather than the team bus.
Google maps says it's a 223mi/3hr 15min drive between the two cities.

I don't know what time the game was ... but if four players drove for 3 hours each way to go do some funny business, no matter if it was criminal or not, the day before a game??

WTF. No matter what, that seems like a suspension of those four morons, to me.

Second, Gopher fans of a certain age know that players don't just shower, dress and leave town . . . when they are visiting Madison.
????

Google maps says it's a 223mi/3hr 15min drive between the two cities.

I don't know what time the game was ... but if four players drove for 3 hours each way to go do some funny business, no matter if it was criminal or not, the day before a game??

WTF. No matter what, that seems like a suspension of those four morons, to me.

????
What are you talking about? They obviously would've been in ABQ the night before the game, teams don't arrive on the day of.

What are you talking about? They obviously would've been in ABQ the night before the game, teams don't arrive on the day of.
The poster said those four players went up there by car, not on a team bus, the night before the game.

If the game was early enough, I agree with you that it makes sense to spend the night up there.

Top Bottom