New Gopher uniforms this fall?

froggopher

Reaction score
I see the team is playing in those ghastly yellow uniforms in practice. That's a good sign we won't have to sit through an entire game looking at them. Any ideas of what to expect this fall for new one's? Maybe some cool gold stripes with a darker maroon. Why? To look tougher!!!!! Looking forward to the fall already. Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::pig::):D:eek:

I may be wrong, but I think Kill has already come out and said we're not changing uniforms this year.

Gophers Uniforms........................

I just hope they do not wear the yellow ones. Not cool in my book.:cool02::cool02::pig:But I still love the Gophers even if they do wear them. Heaven forbid.:p:rockon::drink::cheer:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ny2HcOSzf1g#t=50s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I kinda dig the gold unis... now, define the color of gold and the color of yellow.... I think ours look gold, but not vegas gold. Yellow to me is more canary yellow.

I'd like a newish looking version of the 60s throwbacks. White helmets with maroon stripes and block 'M' on the side rather than numbers. And pants with thick straight stripes down the sides. I really dislike the pinstripe the tops and bottoms we have now that kind of swirl.... looks wretched.

Uniforms are purchased a year in advance so Kill is stuck with the Brewster jerseys. It remains to be seen which color combos he will use. I imagine he will want to place his own stamp on the program by changing them for next year.

The more I see the Gold helmets we wore from '68-'71? the more I like them, similiar to the hockey helmets. I also would love it if we switched back to Black shoes. And I agree with most of you that the Yellow jersey's suck, unless we wear Maroon pants with them, then they're tolerable.

I think the gold uniforms look ok close up, but from a distance, not so much. The thin maroon stripe gets washed out. The thin gold stripe on the maroon uniforms stand out much better. In any case, I agree that we should give the uniforms a rest for a while.

Lot of hatred for the gold unis. I personally love the gold tops with maroon bottoms.

Was watching the Gophers vs Badgers 2003 the other day. I like those uniforms the best. Solid gold pants and maroon jerseys with gold numbering and letters. Could even drop the gold trim on sleeves and neck. I prefer the present helmets with the larger M.

Seems as though every teams wants to be different and unique. Plain and basic is now unique.

Let's have uniforms not outfits.

I'm in the camp that as long as we're winning we can wear tutus for all I care :)

I think our home unis with gold or maroon pants look fine. It's our starch white road unis that bug me. Hopefully we'll go back the standard maroon or white jersey/gold pants we've worn pretty much since the late Sixties.

Lot of hatred for the gold unis. I personally love the gold tops with maroon bottoms.

Yeah.. I was NOT a fan at first.. but going back and watching highlights from the Cal game a few years ago and I'm finding I like that combo. It's the all gold with maroon helmet that is nasty and a combo never to be used again.

yellow is not gold. I may be in the minority, but I liked the "true gold" colored jerseys from the Cory Sauter area.

As far as the white unis, I don't like the all-white look, but I have no problem with white tops and colored pants, or vice-versa.

I'd like a newish looking version of the 60s throwbacks. White helmets with maroon stripes and block 'M' on the side rather than numbers. And pants with thick straight stripes down the sides. I really dislike the pinstripe the tops and bottoms we have now that kind of swirl.... looks wretched.

I could not agree more. White helmets with a block M would look sweet. White pants with the maroon jerseys and use gold as the accent color.

I could not agree more. White helmets with a block M would look sweet. White pants with the maroon jerseys and use gold as the accent color.

this is basically the color pattern the gophers used for much of the 50's, 60's, and early 70's. black shoes, white pants with thick gold & maroon stripe down the leg, maroon jerseys with large block gold lettering/numbering, and white helmets with the number on the side and a gold & maroon stripe going from forehead to the back of the helmet.

in my opinion, this is the classic AND best looking gopher uniform. it was worn for a long time, successful teams played in that get-up and it just looks tough. the gopher's wore a complete 1960's throwback uniform during glen mason's last season in 2006. thought they looked great.

it was a classic look back when. see no reason why they ever changed it back in the 1970's in the first place. would love to see the gophers just go back to them and quit with all this nike suggested 21st century pinstripping, etc.

it is not old fashioned or throwback or trying to be trendy. it is just a great looking uniform get-up and something they should go back to wearing.

yellow is not gold

No, but many shades of gold are yellow. Our shade of gold falls into this category. Metallic gold is not one of our colors.

The official RGB color code of the gold used by the University of Minnesota is:

R:255 G:204 B:51 (#ffcc33)

colorimg.php

The official RGB color code of the metallic gold used by Purdue University is:

R:177 G:148 B:108 (#b1946c)

colorimg.php

These are firm, rigid, unyielding branding standards. Unless and until they change it, Minnesota will be using the #ffcc33 color, now and always. Period.

For those of you that hate the current uniforms and think Coach Kill will go to some throwback style I think you are wrong. Coach Kill has said that he doesn't care what the uniforms look like as long as they win.

His uniforms last year at Northern Illiniois were actually pretty similar to our jerseys, but I think that they wore plain pants.

Put me in the camp as liking our current uniforms.

Uniforms...............

We should have a block M on the helmet for sure. Wisconsin changed to the warped W many years ago. But they are pretty warped over there anyway. Go Gophers!!!!:clap:

I'm happy with the traditional unis, but would like to see a gold helmet for road games. Kill may tweak them his second year.

My vote would be for the Mason-era uniforms with the current helmets ("M" under Mason was too small) or something similar to the 1960 throwbacks.

My vote would be for the Mason-era uniforms with the current helmets ("M" under Mason was too small) or something similar to the 1960 throwbacks.

Me too. "Mason" design, but with the new helmet and the new darker maroon.

The more I see the Gold helmets we wore from '68-'71? the more I like them, similiar to the hockey helmets. I also would love it if we switched back to Black shoes. And I agree with most of you that the Yellow jersey's suck, unless we wear Maroon pants with them, then they're tolerable.

ASU has very similar colors to us. Here's what we would look like with some gold lids.

110709_usc_ASU_football_action_111_thumb.jpg

55-off-ticket-to-arizona-state-football-versus-washington-state_fixedheight_display_image.jpg

The late 60's gold helmet with 2 maroon and 1 white stripe, also on the pants. That looked like GOPHERS.

Top Bottom