NEW GOPHER TAILGATING PHOTO CONTEST!!!!!!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
GopherHole is excited to announce a tailgating photo contest for every Gopher football home game!!! As football is back on campus, Gopher fans will kick their pre-game festivities up about ten notches with parties in tailgate lots, at local establishments, fraternities and house parties and GopherHole is THE place to post the craziest and most unique pre-game party photos.

For each home game, GopherHole will create an official "GopherHole Tailgating Photo Thread" where posters are encouraged to submit their favorite pre-game party pics. Posters can submit a maximum of 6 pictures each week, however, you must post each picture in its own post. We are asking you to do this as each post has a corresponding post # in every thread and we'll be voting on the best tailgating picture each home game.

Here are the rules:

- You must post your picture by Tuesday night at midnight following each home game.

- You can post up to 6 pictures, and each picture must be in its own post. A post with more than one picture will not count in the submission.

- Pictures of any pre-game on-campus activities will be accepted - this includes tailgating lots, local bar/restaurant pictures, campus house parties, fraternity parties, etc.

- On Wednesday of each week, GopherHole staff will choose the top 5 photos of the week, and will post a poll with the corresponding post #. The GopherHole community will then vote Thursday and Friday on the best picture amongst the five finalists as the "GopherHole Tailgate Photo of the Week" - each winner will recieve a Gopher related prize from the GopherHole staff. These prizes will vary, but include new Gopher football books, Gopher items for tailgates, etc.

- GopherHole staff will choose pictures based on creativity, craziness, impressive tailgate spreads, etc.

- At the end of the year, we will have a contest for the GopherHole Tailgate Photo of the 2009 Season as we'll have a community wide vote with the seven home game winners and the season winner will receive a prize of even greater value.

GopherHole staff does reserve the right to delete any photo submission that is considered too racey. We'll be quite liberal in our governance of this, but we obviously will not allow any nudity.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we can't wait to see the photos of Gopher fans' pre-parties!!

Great idea! I can't wait to see some good pics.

love it love it love it! i can't wait to see some of the pics. I will be in the tailgate lots for the games that arent at 11am as our commute is too far to get there early for the early games.

It should be fun to see what the fraternities have in store, as well as the beer gardens at the local establishments. It should make for some fun pictures.

Go Gophers!!

Why don't you also have a seperate catagory for outstate fans that aren't attending the game but watching on TV. We go to some games but watch the others on TV. The Gopher marketing dept. isn't the best and outstate fans often feel neglected but we are just as big of Gopher Fans.

BTW, tailgating on the lake with HD-priceless.

Why don't you also have a seperate catagory for outstate fans that aren't attending the game but watching on TV. We go to some games but watch the others on TV. The Gopher marketing dept. isn't the best and outstate fans often feel neglected but we are just as big of Gopher Fans.

BTW, tailgating on the lake with HD-priceless.

We encourage out of state entries!! If you have a sweet set up in your basement, have a good spread for your out of state Gopher fanatics or are a lone Gopher fan at a bar amongst a sea of (insert team name) take a photo and definitely enter it! We like creative entries.

"We encourage out of state entries."

Just as I was saying. "Out of state fans" are not the same as "outsate fans." West Central MN is not North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa or heaven forbid Wisconsin. Maybe I missed the post where they renamed the team, The Minneapolis Gophers.

"We encourage out of state entries."

Just as I was saying. "Out of state fans" are not the same as "outsate fans." West Central MN is not North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa or heaven forbid Wisconsin. Maybe I missed the post where they renamed the team, The Minneapolis Gophers.

Lighten up Francis.

This is my first posting here. I am bringing my family and we are hoping to start a tradition with the tailgating. We will be in lot 86 and look forward to meeting many other people from this forum. Who else here is in 86?

We have some friends joining us for the opener and will be bringing a big weber grill. Can't wait to sink my teeth into some cheeseburgers.

My only concern is that it will be a bit wild for the kids.

We will definitely be posting some photos! Go Gophers!

Outstate?

I thought it was now "Greater Minnesota" (or, for some on the board who are prone to typos, "Grater Minnesota")

Top Bottom