New Gopher Q&A's

It's a Pig Man!

Reaction score
I've been following this forum for a while but this is my first time actually posting. I am an intern for Athletic Communications here at the U and me and the other interns have been and are currently conducting interviews with the newest members of the Golden Gopher Football family. If you'd like to read them they can be found throughout the spring at the gophersports.com site. The first one up is with Briean Boddy.

here is the link to the Boddy interview: http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/02/new-gopher-qa---briean-boddy.html

Good job, & welcome to the Gopherhole!!!

Nice interview. I thought I would like Boddy, but I'm really happy to have him on the squad after reading this.

I've been following this forum for a while but this is my first time actually posting. I am an intern for Athletic Communications here at the U and me and the other interns have been and are currently conducting interviews with the newest members of the Golden Gopher Football family. If you'd like to read them they can be found throughout the spring at the gophersports.com site. The first one up is with Briean Boddy.

here is the link to the Boddy interview: http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/02/new-gopher-qa---briean-boddy.html

FYI, if you want to major in communications, do a grammar check along with spell check. At best, it will help you survive some of the other posters wrath.

"I am an intern for Athletic Communications here at the U. The other interns and I are conducting interviews with the newest members of the Golden Gopher Football family. Throughout the spring, you can read these interviews at the gophersports.com site." ;)

I'm just thrilled you spelled Boddy's name correctly. You are in the minority.

Good work.

haha, to be honest I didn't really check the grammar of the post at all. I've been following this board long enough to know exactly what you're talking about but if people want to criticize the post I think I can take it. FWIW I'm actually a sport management major, not communications.

FYI I learned that his first name is actually pronounced bree-an and not bry-an as I originally thought.

haha, to be honest I didn't really check the grammar of the post at all. I've been following this board long enough to know exactly what you're talking about but if people want to criticize the post I think I can take it. FWIW I'm actually a sport management major, not communications.

FYI I learned that his first name is actually pronounced bree-an and not bry-an as I originally thought.

Thanks...that is a big help. I was wondering about that.

I like this guy! Watching tapes, he reminds me a lot of Tramaine Brock. This kid is definitely not afraid of contact and he seems to have a good nose for the football.

On the academic side; a math major! Excellent.

I predict he will be the one "sleeper" recruit that really stands out. Good luck!

While you're at it have the U do a pronounciation guide like they used to in the Media Guide. I've heard these guys pronounced about 20 different ways:

Michael Amaefula
Thieren Cockran
Cedric Dicke
Jordan Hinojosa
Victor Keise
Marek Lenkiewicz
Jephte Matilus
Ed Olson
Lincoln Plsek
John Rabe

Just to get them right and put it to bed. Ok, I was kidding about Ed Olson.

Good interview!

He sure looks good with the ball in his hands, I wonder if he is a potential returner.

Sounds like a good kid, look forward to seeing what he can do on the field.

And much respect on the math major, I'm good at math but I wasn't about to go there haha

Was it ever confirmed that there are no helmet stickers? I noticed in the video there was a nice chart behind Claeys and was wondering if that was to chart stickers, or just goals per game.

Was it ever confirmed that there are no helmet stickers? I noticed in the video there was a nice chart behind Claeys and was wondering if that was to chart stickers, or just goals per game.

Not sure. My guess is there won't be but that's just a guess, not insider info.

The kid was just posting a link not looking for suggestions. Thanks Prof. And if I have to hear another grammar comment I'll lose it. This a blog where anyone can post, quit that bullying *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and talk Gopher football.

Are they going to be interviewing all the new Gopher players like that?

The kid was just posting a link not looking for suggestions. Thanks Prof. And if I have to hear another grammar comment I'll lose it. This a blog where anyone can post, quit that bullying *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and talk Gopher football.

You're joking, right? The grammar joke was for him, and he got it. You didn't. You need to medicate, buddy.

"But I like the athletes who do well, try to stay out of the media and stuff a lot."

Boyyyyy, do I wish more young athletes had that attitude. Good stuff. Thanks and welcome, It's a Pig Man. Nice to see another CEHDer in here.

I, as a former athlete at the U, and as a current math teacher, love hearing about smart guys like this in the athletic department. There was one football player/math major while I was in school (Justin Hall), otherwise I don't think I ever had any classes with football players. Let's hear it from all the math majors!!!

chirp, chirp, chirp...

I, as a former athlete at the U, and as a current math teacher, love hearing about smart guys like this in the athletic department. There was one football player/math major while I was in school (Justin Hall), otherwise I don't think I ever had any classes with football players. Let's hear it from all the math majors!!!

chirp, chirp, chirp...

OK, I was a math geek and athlete in HS. About a quarter of my class was jocks. Smart jocks. Public school. We would do things like make up Weird Al Yankovic-like songs in class like "Torn Between Two Numbers" and "I Am the Ellipse (Goo-goo ga joob)". We never got beat up after school, and we all ended up as college grads. One of my classmates is head of the Physics department at Florida and another is one of the top surgeons at Children's Hospital. You can be a jock and be smart. And a geek.

I'm an intern in Athletic Communications as well, and will be conducting the majority of the interviews with the signees who are not yet on campus. If anybody has any questions for specific new signees they'd like me to include in the interviews, feel free to post them here and I may use them! I'd love to get the GopherHole family's questions answered if possible.

Great job, I'm excited to read all the interviews.

I love the screen name and picture by the way!

I'm an intern in Athletic Communications as well, and will be conducting the majority of the interviews with the signees who are not yet on campus. If anybody has any questions for specific new signees they'd like me to include in the interviews, feel free to post them here and I may use them! I'd love to get the GopherHole family's questions answered if possible.

McDonald: How hard was the recruiting process for you? What was the most important thing you looked at in picking the school?

Nelson: Being he was a former badger player, what was your dad's initial reaction when you told him you were going to the U?

Nelson: Being he was a former badger player, what was your dad's initial reaction when you told him you were going to the U?

I actually already did the Nelson interview but I did ask a somewhat similar question and I think you will all really enjoy the answer!

What is your 40 time?

I kid I kid

Don't worry, I didn't go to New Ulm Public. My school didn't compete against Waseca. We were better than Public anyway... :rolleyes:

haha I was just kidding anyway, New Ulm kicked our @$$ at pretty much everything anyway.

Top Bottom