New Defensive Coordinator Robb Smith

Agreed as far as many coverage sacks and QB confusion sacks in the bowl win. However, most of year Cashman and co. Provided a lot of sacks by blitzing which the could since Myrick and Hardin were going man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed as far as many coverage sacks and QB confusion sacks in the bowl win. However, most of year Cashman and co. Provided a lot of sacks by blitzing which the could since Myrick and Hardin were going man.

In responding to Bob I tried to explain that I am less against man to man as a coverage and more against man to man as a go to coverage because if you're in it all the time it leaves to vulnerable to big plays on the ground...especially against mobile quarterbacks.

I do like man to man as a coverage in passing situations (though not all the time).

I am just personally of the belief that is it hard to play above your talent in a scheme that leaves you in one on one situations where you may be out athleted. And I'm not talking WR vs CB... I am talking mobile QB vs DE in space, or a RB vs a LB in the alley, with d backs in man coverage so they are late to help. I keep seeing JT Barrett running for long touchdowns in the snow. It is my personal opinion. It very well may be wrong. But I think for a team with lesser talent to win the conference it would make more sense to play a more conservative defensive scheme.

Has this actually been confirmed by the U?

Oklahoma fans were thrilled to see Brent Venables leave. Worked out okay for Clemson.

Jimmies and Joes over Xs and Os.

Has this been confirmed by any actual media??

Edit: nevermind, Adam Rittenberg broke the story.

This hire really makes me nervous after reading many things online about his defense at Arkansas the last two years. I know he's had some good years, and I would like to trust Fleck on this, but that were together at Rutgers and Tampa Bay. I hope he's not doing his friend a favor because he was going be let go at Arkansas.

Still not confirmed by anyone, going to be interesting if anything changes. Maybe he offered a different one at the conference.

Bill Belichick was 36-44 as head coach of the Cleveland Browns and was fired. Did he just get smarter, or can circumstances change for a potentially good coach for them to reach their potential?

Bill Belichick was 36-44 as head coach of the Cleveland Browns and was fired. Did he just get smarter, or can circumstances change for a potentially good coach for them to reach their potential?

Remember Everett Withers? The guy couldn't have looked more confused running the defense for the Gophers in Brewster's 1st year. Withers leaves us after 1 year and his career went up pretty fast (North Carolina DC, Ohio State DC, now Texas State head coach). So, yeah, situations can make things work (or not work) for the coach sometimes.

36-44 with the browns is pretty freaking amazing. I bet their season ticket holders would pay a lot more to see numbers like that again.

Remember Everett Withers? The guy couldn't have looked more confused running the defense for the Gophers in Brewster's 1st year. Withers leaves us after 1 year and his career went up pretty fast (North Carolina DC, Ohio State DC, now Texas State head coach). So, yeah, situations can make things work (or not work) for the coach sometimes.

Jedd Fisch has also had an impressive career post-Gophers.

That wasn't confused. It was a frustrated, and pissed off look, because he though he'd have more team speed on defense. While here, he never really adjusted.

I got the feeling that he couldn't get out of here fast enough.

36-44 with the browns is pretty freaking amazing. I bet their season ticket holders would pay a lot more to see numbers like that again.

Not at that time. The Browns were a pretty descent team. The 5 years before Belichick was at Cleveland the Browns went 44-34-1.

And his defensive coordinator for most of the time there was.....Nick Saban.

The irony of the Arkansas d-coordinator coming here is rich. He was telling Kyrei Fisher for the past 2 months that Arkansas is a better program, and then he jumps ship... to Minnesota.

Top Bottom