New DC Claeys article from David Shama

I've seen quotes to the effect of "these next few months are going to be tough as !@#$ for the players"
It will be interesting to see the response by the team, especially with the inevitable position changes and depth chart shakeups.
It may very well get bad before it gets better, we've already seen JewJewPartyboy Edwards' response to the new disciplined style. I'm hoping most of the guys will embrace it early and have everything settled and in order by the fall.

I thought Doogie was whining that these guys were unavailable to media? Looks like they've done their research on who provides beneficial coverage to me.

I thought Doogie was whining that these guys were unavailable to media? Looks like they've done their research on who provides beneficial coverage to me.

Claeys was speaking at a lucheon and Shama just took his quotes and made it look like he got an intereview. Sid and Mike Max do the same thing as others do. Doogie had a sitdown with the DC/OC that he will probably write about soon.

Claeys was speaking at a lucheon and Shama just took his quotes and made it look like he got an intereview. Sid and Mike Max do the same thing as others do. Doogie had a sitdown with the DC/OC that he will probably write about soon.

Good, Why was Doogie complaining if he's getting the same access?

Good, Why was Doogie complaining if he's getting the same access?

I'm assuming that someone got to Kill and Staff and said that the media is wanting to write about them. All of a sudden Miller and Doogie get access. It will only help market them.

I answered a question about Kill's lack of mainstream interviews outside of with the guy who helped hire him, Dave Mona... said that he's willing to a do a lot after next Wednesday... never said anything about anyone else.

As for the coordinators, spent an hour with them yesterday on camera... thoroughly impressed... will transcribe soon for 1500espn.com, and will put together something for Ch. 5.

Few headlines:
** Both coaches will be in the press box during games
** Heard again that Stoudermire is in school, and is working out
**Hageman is more of a DT, not DE
**Limegrover will use a 3-headed attack at RB... will likely not rely on just one of the guys
**Claeys was a GA on a Mason staff at KU... said Glen has reached out to him, which he thought was very nice
**Limegrover bounced around on the Brandon Green question... definitely some uncertainty there

**Claeys was a GA on a Mason staff at KU... said Glen has reached out to him, which he thought was very nice

Could it be Mason actually wants to see the Gophers win?

What is the Brandon Green question exactly? For those not up on this.

I answered a question about Kill's lack of mainstream interviews outside of with the guy who helped hire him, Dave Mona... said that he's willing to a do a lot after next Wednesday... never said anything about anyone else.

As for the coordinators, spent an hour with them yesterday on camera... thoroughly impressed... will transcribe soon for 1500espn.com, and will put together something for Ch. 5.

Few headlines:
** Both coaches will be in the press box during games
** Heard again that Stoudermire is in school, and is working out
**Hageman is more of a DT, not DE
**Limegrover will use a 3-headed attack at RB... will likely not rely on just one of the guys
**Limegrover bounced around on the Brandon Green question... definitely some uncertainty there

doogie, were you more or less impressed than your gushing crush after your first meeting with jedd fisch?

I doubt it.
He probably wants a close connection to Kill so he can funnel him toward his wife's business.

j/k man, take it easy...

What is the Brandon Green question exactly? For those not up on this.

His injury last year was pretty severe and there are a lot of questions on whether he'll play next season (or ever again).

... will transcribe soon for 1500espn.com...

May I ask a favor of you?

Please post on here when that is up. The chances of me going over to that site to find it are remote. Nothing against that site, and I want to read the article, but it's just not on my radar to check over there.

Thanks in advance.

doogie, were you more or less impressed than your gushing crush after your first meeting with jedd fisch?

:)... you have me hook-line-and-sinker... difference: these guys were 100% engaging... Jedd was eating lunch while we talked... and answered his phone once... these guys were a ton more respectful.... Jedd had me with his Xs-and-Os.

May I ask a favor of you?

Please post on here when that is up. The chances of me going over to that site to find it are remote. Nothing against that site, and I want to read the article, but it's just not on my radar to check over there.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely... I am away from the station this weekend... so, will likely transcribe early next week, with something mid-week. Thanks for asking.

... these guys were a ton more respectful....

I know the counterargument is "It doesn't matter how respectful they are, it matters if they win games."
But, seriously, these are the kinds of things I like to see. I definitely think it will help with recruiting and whatnot (starting more so next year) - most people can spot a phoney. If you can be genuine, and focus on the topic at hand, people will remember that.

I know the counterargument is "It doesn't matter how respectful they are, it matters if they win games."
But, seriously, these are the kinds of things I like to see. I definitely think it will help with recruiting and whatnot (starting more so next year) - most people can spot a phoney. If you can be genuine, and focus on the topic at hand, people will remember that.

Other than Hammock, will the names of our assisitants come up for any other job. That is about as genuine as you can get.

Doogie,

Did you notice any significant changes around the football complex?

Top Bottom