New Daily Sponsored Beer Garden

Sam

Reaction score
I've heard through some people, I used to work in the fair food industry, that there will be a beer garden at the gas station at 27th and University for game days.

I know there will be some really good fair vendors there, ie Cheesecurds, corn dogs, fresh cut fries.

I think it will be sponsored by the daily.

Its probably something worth checking out if all other spots seem full.

I've heard through some people, I used to work in the fair food industry, that there will be a beer garden at the gas station at 27th and University for game days.

I know there will be some really good fair vendors there, ie Cheesecurds, corn dogs, fresh cut fries.

I think it will be sponsored by the daily.

Its probably something worth checking out if all other spots seem full.

There is also ads for a beer garden/block party in front of the alumni center starting 3 hours before, during, and up to an hour after the game that will serve beer, drinks, and food. They will have big screen projectors playing the game that's going on a block away.

I get the impression that vendors/restaurants are banking on a contingent crowd without tickets that linger in the area to take in the party atmosphere. At the Preview on the 22nd it seemed like more than 15k were in the area, but only 15k made it in the doors. We have a great setup at the U. I am so excited to see what the atmosphere is like on Sept. 12 and beyond. If I didn't have tickets, I'd probably make the trip to campus a couple of times a year for the party. Hopefully a lot of the recent grads that didn't get tickets come check it out.

with this annoucement it would seem that there will be plenty of options for.....

non-premium ticket holders to drink both before & after the games. lack of access to alcohol for non-premium ticket holders does not appear to be an issue and never was. everyday it seems more and more asinine that the lame-o mn legislator had to take away the athletic dept. supporting revenue stream of premium seat alcohol sales. give me a break legislators and their whiny constituents.......

i'm looking forward to walking around campus that day. I've been to several other colleges and universities for gameday and its an all day festival...hopefully we're the same.

non-premium ticket holders to drink both before & after the games. lack of access to alcohol for non-premium ticket holders does not appear to be an issue and never was. everyday it seems more and more asinine that the lame-o mn legislator had to take away the athletic dept. supporting revenue stream of premium seat alcohol sales. give me a break legislators and their whiny constituents.......

Spot on. Well said.

Beer Gardens

It will be fun to see how the beer gardens and the atmosphere around the stadium develops. I cannot wait for Saturday afternoons down there!!

It may be a bit of a stretch that the MN Daily will be sponsoring anything alcohol related, though...

Top Bottom