New Commit

rburns21

Reaction score
Confirmed by Scout and Rivals.

Drew Davis, LB commited a few hrs ago.

nm looks like he's slated at middle linebacker.

Looks like we dealt a blow to Western Michigan once again.

yet another commit to choose gophs over western michigan. welcome aboard.

Props to MV. He declared a few weeks ago that Davis was a cinch to the Gophers. Welcome aboard, young man.

Suck it hard, Broncos! WELCOME ABOARD!

yet another commit to choose gophs over western michigan. welcome aboard.

Which means that Pantherhawk will be posting this thread on the Rivals site any minute now huh? :clap:

I hope this doesn't mean we won't sign Barrington Morris if he wants to join us. That said, welcome aboard Drew!

I hope this doesn't mean we won't sign Barrington Morris if he wants to join us. That said, welcome aboard Drew!

Same thought here. Maybe the staff is looking for as many potential rush LB's and get-to-the-passer DE's as possible, which Drew seems like he could turn into? I really like Morris as a player and he has a added bonus that his first name is Barrington.

Thumping the B1G with western michigan level talent............. we comin'! :rolleyes:

ah well, welcome aboard, Kid..

Stay classy, twirps.

Welcome Drew!

I don't care about offer lists in June. This kid has been on campus already and the coaches got a good look at him. I'll trust their ability to evaluate talent. He is listed at 240 already, so very well could develop into a DE much like Morris. Wasn't someone on here mocking Kill for spending a good amount of time recruiting the Carolinas? Now hopefully Davis gets in his teammate Chris Mangus to head this way, that would be a huge get. http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Mangus-111123

This seals the deal for me. Today's Hartman column, states Davis is an "outstanding LB from Carolina".:clap::clap::clap:

Love the commit!
Welcome Drew!

I gotta say, Kill is loading up on big framed LB's, definitely looking like stopping the run will be an emphasis, and it should be. Gone are the days of 200 LB lbers.
Baudacco, Westerhaus, Matilus, Ballestros, now Davis, and possibly a future Barrington Morris.

Welcome To Gold Country Drew!

We look forward to your hits in the Middle and behind the line of scrimmage on Saturdays to come!

I'm excited to see what is going to happen with some of these larger LBs.

Davis weighs 240 lbs right now (and from that one clip that looks somewhat accurate). That kid could stay at LB, move up to DE or eventually even become a DT (depending on how much weight he can add). He could easily come to campus next June weighing 245-250 lbs and putting on 30-35 lbs in a couple seasons at the U (if his body allows it) wouldn't be that difficult.

Bauducco is another kid that I could definitely see with his hand on the ground in a couple years.

Great video of him Chitown!

He moves extremely well for a HS kid his size.

For those who were worried that Kill wouldn't recruit nationally, here's another guy outside the 500-mile radius. Hard-working crew we've got.

Welcome Drew!

Thumping the B1G with western michigan level talent............. we comin'! :rolleyes:

ah well, welcome aboard, Kid..

if i am not mistaken a guy by the name of jj watt, who developed into a pretty decent college football player, was recruited and began his college football career at a school called western michigan. maybe enough of the lame cheap shots. just saying...........bud. :rolleyes:

Looks like a solid recruit with decent speed and size from what I saw on tape. He could have a very good future with the Gophers. Plus the kid is from Carolinas where there is some decent D1 talent. Now that he has verbaled I guess the Carolina area D1's will start poking around.

if i am not mistaken a guy by the name of jj watt, who developed into a pretty decent college football player, was recruited and began his college football career at a school called western michigan. maybe enough of the lame cheap shots. just saying...........bud. :rolleyes:

Central Michigan, but yeah, your point is valid. Gopher028 has a tiny unit, so I don't imagine we'll see anything but overcompensating posts from him.

6'3, 240 lb. high school outside linebacker? With a 4.6 forty?

Those are elite NFL numbers at that position.

Rule of thumb: subtract 2 inches, 15 pounds and add .2 to the forty.

That's a good point Studwell and I kind of always just do that in my head when I look at HS players athletic profile.

However, I'd guess he is...6'2" 225-230 lbs and runs a 4.8 40

That is still impressive for a HS kid.

That is some serious size! Square-jawed 240 men are always welcome.

Top Bottom