New Commit - WR Brandon Brooks

I believe he meant he was playing with Minnesota, video game style.

Nate:

That is what he meant! I thought you were kidding and then I looked at his twitter. Wow. That is embarrasing for GI.

The kid must know Tinsley and he said something about playing with MN so he could use his man Tinsley.

He even went on to talk about his stats in the video game.

GI reported that he was coming to MN.

Wow....that's what you call investigative journalism.

Nate:

That is what he meant! I thought you were kidding and then I looked at his twitter. Wow. That is embarrasing for GI.

The kid must know Tinsley and he said something about playing with MN so he could use his man Tinsley.

He even went on to talk about his stats in the video game.

GI reported that he was coming to MN.

Wow....that's what you call investigative journalism.

Embaaaaaarraassssing.

It's stuff like this that is the reason I don't care what rivals/scout/ESPN say about recruiting. I'd much rather just wait until I hear interviews with the kids themselves.

GI is quickly losing street cred. and Scout is suddenly becoming more reliable and has been breaking gopher news before rivals. I wonder why?

GI is quickly losing street cred. and Scout is suddenly becoming more reliable and has been breaking gopher news before rivals. I wonder why?

I think Brewster tried to utilize (or use depending on you opinion), rivals so he gave them some inside info. I don't think Kill is simply more concerned with him and his staff doing their jobs correctly and is not concerned about either of them.

For how much this site rips off GI, I figured there would be more of an appreciation for the site.

Formo, you don't trust them? This is the first time they jumped the gun all season. It's not their fault you guys decided to jack their UNCONFIRMED info. Get real.

For how much this site rips off GI, I figured there would be more of an appreciation for the site.

Formo, you don't trust them? This is the first time they jumped the gun all season. It's not their fault you guys decided to jack their UNCONFIRMED info. Get real.

How did I "jack" GI? I pasted Zach's public twitter announcement, including the part about it being unconfirmed.

How did I "jack" GI? I pasted Zach's public twitter announcement, including the part about it being unconfirmed.

My mistake, but what I still don't get is how people are saying this is "embarrassing" when he was giving people a free notice. I don't understand the hate on this site towards GI when we are all gopher fans.

My mistake, but what I still don't get is how people are saying this is "embarrassing" when he was giving people a free notice. I don't understand the hate on this site towards GI when we are all gopher fans.

I'm with you, I enjoy both sites. It's more funny then embarrassing.

Are you serious?

They don't own the information that comes out, they own the articles.
No one is jacking anything when they say things like, "GI is reporting......", "According to the National Enquirer".

Lastly, no one is ripping on GI for getting one wrong, they are rightfully ripping on them for their process of accumulating information. We now know that Zach Johnson will report things he learns SOLELY off of a kid talking about video games.

Again, it isn't that he was wrong, it is how and why he was wrong.

I don't just not trust GI/rivals.. I don't trust ANY of them. There's a difference.

And it IS embarrassing considering the tweet that Brandon posted on twitter was OBVIOUSLY about a game and not about committing to TheU.
"Bout to play with minnesota and bout to put @GT51NOREASON at safety so he can buss some heads!" ~ Brandon Brooks
Yup. Sounds to me like he's committing. And committing hard enough that he's moving Gary Tinsley to safety. He's got an in with the Killer you know..

/sarcasm off

I don't just not trust GI/rivals.. I don't trust ANY of them. There's a difference.

And it IS embarrassing considering the tweet that Brandon posted on twitter was OBVIOUSLY about a game and not about committing to TheU.
"Bout to play with minnesota and bout to put @GT51NOREASON at safety so he can buss some heads!" ~ Brandon Brooks
Yup. Sounds to me like he's committing. And committing hard enough that he's moving Gary Tinsley to safety. He's got an in with the Killer you know..

/sarcasm off

again, unconfirmed report

/logic off

Oh, Seantrell Tweeted about Minnesota!! I'll have to post an unconfirmed 'report' that he's transferring to Minnesota.

See what I did thar? Yeah.

Oh, Seantrell Tweeted about Minnesota!! I'll have to post an unconfirmed 'report' that he's transferring to Minnesota.

See what I did thar? Yeah.

As long as you state it's unconfirmed, and it's an honest mistake.

As long as you state it's unconfirmed, and it's an honest mistake.

Are you related to this guy or something?

He is the equivelent of someone posting on this message board "I have inside information that so and so might be coming to MN" and them being caught in the lie that they don't have any inside information.

I'm not saying the guy is a terrible person or even really a liar (he technically didn't lie) but he was shown to be a fraud (at least sometimes).

GI charges a price to pay for these "journalists" and "insiders" who follow Gopher sports and focus on Gopher sports, yet it's found that he did as much research before running with the story as a D student in HS. Yeah, he said it's unconfirmed, but I think we ALL thought they went with a little more than that before they even posted an uncomfirmed story.

Are you related to this guy or something?

He is the equivelent of someone posting on this message board "I have inside information that so and so might be coming to MN" and them being caught in the lie that they don't have any inside information.

I'm not saying the guy is a terrible person or even really a liar (he technically didn't lie) but he was shown to be a fraud (at least sometimes).

Then how can it be the equivalent of someone who DID lie?

A fraud? That might be going a bit too far, francis.

Now this is the "Gold Vision" that I've always grown to love!:clap:

Then how can it be the equivalent of someone who DID lie?

A fraud? That might be going a bit too far, francis.

It is the equivalent because of the implications surrounding the tweet. It isn't the same as someone on this board posting that he thinks it looks like Brooks is going to be a Gopher. Zach Johnson posts that "GI is hearing that Brooks has committed..." implies something more than he glanced at the kids twitter. He is connected with GI and he even implied that some info was being leaked to them ("GI is hearing"). He implied that there was some substance to this rumor, and he made that up (or at the very least stretched the heck out of it).

As far as being a fraud (in obviously layman's terms), well, in this circumstance, if the shoe fits...

Top Bottom