New Commit: LB De 'Niro Laster

I'm seeing a lot of "reading between the lines" concerning his academics, but the only thing covering two posts that even hints at that is this:

Josh Moyer
Penn State still interested in De'Niro Laster
"He doesn't yet have a Penn State offer, but that's not because of his talent. PSU just wants to make sure he can handle the school academically first. If he can, there's an incredibly high chance he becomes a Nittany Lion."

I don't read that to mean that he is in danger of qualifying, but that the Penn St. staff wanted to get to know him better before offering. Maybe I'm just looking for different lines to read between.

I don't read that to mean that he is in danger of qualifying, but that the Penn St. staff wanted to get to know him better before offering. Maybe I'm just looking for different lines to read between.

That's fair and it's always a lot of speculation when you start to discuss a HS kid's academic profile. However, if it is clear a kid could get into school and succeed academically, you probably would never hear anything like "PSU wants to make sure he can handle the school academically first". All of the info as far as GPA and test scores is readily available, the fact that they still "have to make sure" sort of implies that there might be some question marks.

Top Bottom