New '22 Commit- Spencer Alvarez

Matt Spaeth was a pretty fair, local 6’7” TE. Rated 2* 0.7667 coming out of St. Michael Albertville. Turned out OK: first team All American, Mackey Award winner, drafted in 3rd round. Great athletes can be overlooked, esp. if injured in HS.
Wasn’t he from way up in Mahnomen, even?

Edit: nope I’m wrong. Not sure who I’m thinking of

Wait... are you telling me that throwing it high to a tall guy near this end zone is NOT a guaranteed touchdown?

Damn. I guess I've been misinformed about that all these years...
Who informed you that it was a guaranteed touchdown?

Wait... are you telling me that throwing it high to a tall guy near this end zone is NOT a guaranteed touchdown?

Damn. I guess I've been misinformed about that all these years...
It works if you have Kyle Rudolph. Wozniak not so much.

It works if you have Kyle Rudolph. Wozniak not so much.
Yeah, a big TE can be a massive weapon around the goal line......as long as the TE in question can catch and the guy throwing the ball can get it to him....when you are missing both of those parts it kind of limits the effectiveness of the play..... :)

In Fleck's offense, it seems that TE and OL are essentially the same thing.
That's usually the job first and foremost.

You really have to have a great OL to use a TE for passing more than blocking.

In Fleck's offense, it seems that TE and OL are essentially the same thing.
Very true. Brevyn has been our soon-to-break-out secret weapon for two years now. Anyway, it would be nice if we could start utilizing our tight end room more often like we did against Auburn.

giphy.gif

Very true. Brevyn has been our soon-to-break-out secret weapon for two years now. Anyway, it would be nice if we could start utilizing our tight end room more often like we did against Auburn.

giphy.gif
Pretty fun to have a 'nobody' break out in that game like that.

Sending the TE out on routes mean the 5OL + RB have to get it done in pass-pro.

I remember too many times last season where Tanner panicked under pressure with inadequate pickup, and poor results immediately followed (sacked, int, or bad throw under pressure).

In 2019, Ciarrocca often kept 7 (sometimes 8!) in for pass-pro, to give Tanner all the time in the world to make a great throw.

Top Bottom