Never again..

I don’t think we should be able to talk smack about other teams play until we show over a course of 5 years of utterly destroying these teams. We talked a lot of smack about Nebraska but it’s looking like we will get destroyed by them.
Right, Nebraska is looking much better - a tough physical team now with maybe the best dual QB in the nation. Big improvement on defense.

Right, Nebraska is looking much better - a tough physical team now with maybe the best dual QB in the nation. Big improvement on defense.
You know to be the best dual QB you’d have to be a passer too right? Half the husker fans want him benched

You know to be the best dual QB you’d have to be a passer too right? Half the husker fans want him benched
Martinez throws more than 25 passes per game, has a 67% completion rate, and is averaging 9.5 yds per attempt. Do you want to argue that he is not a passer? He also has more than twice as many rush yards as any other Husker.

Martinez throws more than 25 passes per game, has a 67% completion rate, and is averaging 9.5 yds per attempt. Do you want to argue that he is not a passer? He also has more than twice as many rush yards as any other Husker.
He isn’t a top 10 dual threat in the country let alone number 1

He isn’t a top 10 dual threat in the country let alone number 1
I’m just trying to clarify if the B1G’s #3 QB in yards per game and yards per attempt is considered a passer or not.

I’m just trying to clarify if the B1G’s #3 QB in yards per game and yards per attempt is considered a passer or not.
Certainly not a good one. Watch a game

Teams have had stinkers in out of conference play and went on to have good seasons in the past. If I recall my criteria for success this year (and I'm not going to go look up the old thread to double check), they are all still in play. I believe I said I would call this year successful if any one of three things happened:

1. 9 total wins (including bowl/postseason): if we are even in the running for this, we have a bowl game coming, so we've got at least 9 more games to get 7 more wins in a division that looks very underwhelming right now
2.. Win the west and play in the B1G championship game, regardless of record: Bowling Green doesn't even impact this goal, we still control our destiny
3. Win at least 8 (including postseason) including Iowa and Wisconsin: Wisconsin looks mortal, I keep trying to tell myself Iowa isn't as good as they look (though its tough not to give them the benefit of the doubt so long as they keep winning), but we can still pull this one off too.

Bottom-line: everyone had their own expectations to start the year, and I'm pretty sure almost every one of the paths you took to determining those expectations assumed a win against Bowling Green. We didn't get that win, but we are back on track as soon as we replace it with a win in one of your assumed losses (I think I saw some people projecting good seasons that included a loss at Colorado). It stinks to lose one we shouldn't, but fine, let's win one we shouldn't (Wisconsin? Iowa?). I'll be as upset as anyone else if we have a bad season that included a loss to Bowling Green, but if it ends up being a good year despite the loss, it will just be a footnote. I think I would have still enjoyed 2019 if we had ended 10-3 with a loss to Georgia Southern, which isn't that far removed from what actually happened.

Teams have had stinkers in out of conference play and went on to have good seasons in the past. If I recall my criteria for success this year (and I'm not going to go look up the old thread to double check), they are all still in play. I believe I said I would call this year successful if any one of three things happened:

1. 9 total wins (including bowl/postseason): if we are even in the running for this, we have a bowl game coming, so we've got at least 9 more games to get 7 more wins in a division that looks very underwhelming right now
2.. Win the west and play in the B1G championship game, regardless of record: Bowling Green doesn't even impact this goal, we still control our destiny
3. Win at least 8 (including postseason) including Iowa and Wisconsin: Wisconsin looks mortal, I keep trying to tell myself Iowa isn't as good as they look (though its tough not to give them the benefit of the doubt so long as they keep winning), but we can still pull this one off too.

Bottom-line: everyone had their own expectations to start the year, and I'm pretty sure almost every one of the paths you took to determining those expectations assumed a win against Bowling Green. We didn't get that win, but we are back on track as soon as we replace it with a win in one of your assumed losses (I think I saw some people projecting good seasons that included a loss at Colorado). It stinks to lose one we shouldn't, but fine, let's win one we shouldn't (Wisconsin? Iowa?). I'll be as upset as anyone else if we have a bad season that included a loss to Bowling Green, but if it ends up being a good year despite the loss, it will just be a footnote. I think I would have still enjoyed 2019 if we had ended 10-3 with a loss to Georgia Southern, which isn't that far removed from what actually happened.
Agreed, I'm optimistic this will just be blip in hindsight of a good season.

We know the offense can do it, they just need to be consistent

It’s just funny you’re so insistent he is the best dual threat in the country a few days after he literally threw the game away
I never said that, nor am I insistent about it. What color is the sky in your world?

They are on the short list to be #9 on my ignore list. It would be interesting to see who the most ignored people on gopherhole are.
That is the only person on my ignore list. I laugh when I see messages like this:6858D73F-50A1-4707-81D3-AC50C08117A3.jpeg

Sadly, I remember the Brewster years. What I don't remember is his teams beating WI. in Madison, beating a highly ranked PSU team and defeating a top 20 Auburn team in their bowl game.
Forget all of that, Fleck finished 2019 with a top 10 team. Enough said.

I don’t think we were 30 point favorites against either of those teams. Saturday’s game was beyond pathetic and brought back memories of Jim Wacker (RIP) and Tim Brewster. When you start bringing up those names in PJ’s 5th year something is not right.
I was. Thanks for bringing up The underachiever, and super regressor, Leidner. Four picks in a game at Wisconsin to win the Big Ten west, yes, that Leidner.
Yer going to get a cease and desist email form the mods. Libel laws.

Top Bottom