"Neutral Site" - Revenue question

Mark in Indy

Reaction score
I know there has been speculation that the Goph's could end up playing a game at US Bank as part of a "neutral site" agreement, much like LSU and WI just finished in Houston and Green Bay. It is confirmed both teams got a specific payout for the game at Lambeau. $2.5 Million to LSU and $3 Million to WI. The Packers absorbed all costs but got all revenue, including selling the Carmex sponsorship, ticket sales, concessions, parking, etc. Does anyone know how that compares to the revenue the Gopher's make for a full house at the Bank? (Assuming any agreement of this type would bring a big name opponent) Basically I have to think this will happen in the not so distant future and I'm looking for a reason not to hate moving a game off campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love a neutral site game at USBS

Might happen, just might not be the Gophers playing in the game. Could easily be Iowa, Wisconsin or South Dakota team playing against a big name school.

Might happen, just might not be the Gophers playing in the game. Could easily be Iowa, Wisconsin or South Dakota team playing against a big name school.

Hadn't really thought about other options for host schools but once you mentioned it North Dakota State seems to make sense. They have shown a presence in the Twin Cities and can hang with Power 5 schools. Might give them the only option to get one of the big schools on their turf.

FWIW my first two thoughts for the Gophers are

1. Georgia with games at the new Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta and USBS and

2. UCLA at the new Ram's stadium and USBS.

Hadn't really thought about other options for host schools but once you mentioned it North Dakota State seems to make sense. They have shown a presence in the Twin Cities and can hang with Power 5 schools. Might give them the only option to get one of the big schools on their turf.

FWIW my first two thoughts for the Gophers are

1. Georgia with games at the new Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta and USBS and

2. UCLA at the new Ram's stadium and USBS.

Neither scenario will happen in the short-term IMO

We have to get to the National level for it to happen.

I know there has been speculation that the Goph's could end up playing a game at US Bank as part of a "neutral site" agreement, much like LSU and WI just finished in Houston and Green Bay. It is confirmed both teams got a specific payout for the game at Lambeau. $2.5 Million to LSU and $3 Million to WI. The Packers absorbed all costs but got all revenue, including selling the Carmex sponsorship, ticket sales, concessions, parking, etc. Does anyone know how that compares to the revenue the Gopher's make for a full house at the Bank? (Assuming any agreement of this type would bring a big name opponent) Basically I have to think this will happen in the not so distant future and I'm looking for a reason not to hate moving a game off campus.

It feels like Ground Hog day...

Top Bottom