Nelson named "biggest sleeper" recruit in the nation by Tom Lemming

Gotta love the pub this kid is getting nationally and great for other recruits to hear him say he has dreamed of playing for the Gophers. Just hope fans keep expectations under control and don't expect too much from him too quick. Hopefully he will live up to the hype and we will have our QB of the future.

Gotta love the pub this kid is getting nationally and great for other recruits to hear him say he has dreamed of playing for the Gophers. Just hope fans keep expectations under control and don't expect too much from him too quick. Hopefully he will live up to the hype and we will have our QB of the future.
Are you sure he's saying that? Pretty sure WI was his dream school until Kill talked to him.

Are you sure he's saying that? Pretty sure WI was his dream school until Kill talked to him.

Whoops skimmed the article a little. It does say though that he grew to love the Minnesota program after moving to the state as a fifth grader. Regardless still good pub to see a Minnesota kid getting national recognition yet supposedly staying firm in his commitment to the U of M. Will feel a lot better when he signs on the dotted line though. Long way to go till February.

Did you notice the Bart Houston kid that dropped the most is a wisconsin commit.

Whoops skimmed the article a little. It does say though that he grew to love the Minnesota program after moving to the state as a fifth grader. Regardless still good pub to see a Minnesota kid getting national recognition yet supposedly staying firm in his commitment to the U of M. Will feel a lot better when he signs on the dotted line though. Long way to go till February.
At least with Nelson and Leidner we won't have to wait till Feb - they both plan to enroll in school in January and participate in spring football this year.

I hope Nelson does really well and I was impressed with him while watching the Mankato West/Bemidji game, but I take Tom Lemming with a whole mine of salt.

Edit: The early-enrollment posts got me thinking. Could a kid enroll at one university early and then sign an LOI to another? Not suggesting that would happen with either Leidner or Nelson. Just curious.

Edit: The early-enrollment posts got me thinking. Could a kid enroll at one university early and then sign an LOI to another? Not suggesting that would happen with either Leidner or Nelson. Just curious.

No. Once they enroll at a school, they are bound to play at that school for at least a year. The transfer rules and everything apply just as if they had already signed a LOI.

And that would have never happened since they will be landing the #1 qb recruit in the nation. :)

I was looking back at this old thread for some research and just had to point this out and go "ha-ha" Nelson-from-the-Simpsons-style.

Top Bottom