Nebraska's state AG threatens Big Ten -- time to kick Nebraska out !!

Their boards are great fun today.
I thought conspiracy theories about the NCAA, the sporting world and the media all against the Gophers were limited to this blog but I was wrong.
NE fans are now blaming Alvarez for cheating them since he was "in charge" of the schedule.
They are forgetting he went to college at NE and wa the principal advocate for them to join the BIGbut he is"bitter" because he was not chosen as HC or AD at NE.

Actually when I was talking to Nebraska fans at BWW last year and in Lincoln the year before I was amazed at how many other states were represented. In Lincoln, at our hotel, was a couple from Illinois and you would think they were from Nebraska. In BWW last year before the game, I could not find a Nebraska resident, the Husker fans I talked to were all from MN. It seems like a national brand at that point.
1) who the hell wants to stay in Nebraska?? Obviously they all want to get the hell out of there, if possible.
2) every Big Ten school has lots of alumni in big cities all over the country. To me, that isn't the definition of a national brand.

Apparently I’m in the minority but I think the addition of Nebraska fit the Big Ten like a glove. I love having them and their football brand in the league, especially in our division. One of my favorite games each year.
They were a really good team in 1994-1997.

I'm 65 yrs old, so my college-football watching goes back to the mid-60's.

Remember, in those days, you would get maybe one or two games on TV for the entire weekend. And then the Notre Dame syndicated highlights show Sunday morning.

So the good teams got a lot of exposure. the Nebraska-Oklahoma game every year was always on TV.

They also played in Bowl games every year - more national exposure. Back to back national championships in '70 and '71.

So, are some Nebraska fans living in the past? Sure. But they were a true helmet school for a long time.

That's fine.

But Clemson wasn't even on the radar, just 10 years ago. Now they're almost guaranteed to be in the CFP every year.

It's time to live in the present.

Nebraska also played in a Big 8 that consisted of them, OU, one other halfway decent team (this spot would rotate between Oklahoma State, Colorado, and Missouri), and five rotten tomato cans with the ends blown out. That's not coming back for them, either.

Interestingly: Michigan's last national title was shared with Nebraska in 1997.

Since then, other than Nebraska's coulda-shoulda 1999 season, neither team has finished with less than 2 losses, and thus neither team has sniffed a natty.

Michigan was down under RichRod and Hoke, and has at least returned to a decent level under Harbaugh. But Nebraska is just trending down, down, down.

Top Bottom