Nebraska will not renew Banker's contract

Reaction score
Potential landing spot for Sawvel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When I read about it on football scoop the same thought went trough my mind. I don't put much stock into the Sawvel to Purdue speculation but Nebraska would be a very attractive landing spot.

He fired his other long time and worthless cohort, Bruce Read, two days after the Iowa beat down.
This is the equivalent of Kill **** canning Limegrover and Claeys. Riley is at Nebraska because he was given an ultimatum to replace those two by the AD at Oregon State and refused to do it. I guess loyalty only goes so far. So glad Nebraska was stupid enough to hire him. He will last maybe two more years. The Huskers are going to love the INT fest this year that always takes place with his first year starter at QB.

Nebraska's defense was awful, particularly against Iowa and in their bowl game. I sure hope TC or Sawvel don't end up there!

He fired his other long time and worthless cohort, Bruce Read, two days after the Iowa beat down.
This is the equivalent of Kill **** canning Limegrover and Claeys. Riley is at Nebraska because he was given an ultimatum to replace those two by the AD at Oregon State and refused to do it. I guess loyalty only goes so far. So glad Nebraska was stupid enough to hire him. He will last maybe two more years. The Huskers are going to love the INT fest this year that always takes place with his first year starter at QB.

If Riley struggles this year, I'll bet he's gone and Scott Frost will be his replacement.

If Riley struggles this year, I'll bet he's gone and Scott Frost will be his replacement.

He will...they could be paying three FB HCs in 2018. As noted earlier, the starting QB for 2017 is horrible...50% passer who can't run. Not your typical Husker QB by any stretch. Gophs game with them should be considered a toss up.

TC or Sawvel might be good choices, but Nebraska fans want a splashy hire.... neither of those qualify.

They didnt get one with the head coach hire either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

Potential landing spot for Sawvel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We're still paying the salaries of the coaches. Is there any sort of non-compete clause that comes with that salary that would prevent a coach from taking another job in the Big10?

We're still paying the salaries of the coaches. Is there any sort of non-compete clause that comes with that salary that would prevent a coach from taking another job in the Big10?

I've never heard of a coach singing one that prohibits employment outright.

For HCs it just says we don't have to pay them if they get another job that pays them up to the total amount of their new contract. So if you got paid $2 mil and got a new job for $1, the U would only pay the remaining $1mil.

But since we're talking about coordinators I'm not sure how common that is for them.

Top Bottom