Nebraska Peeps Have Concerns

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
We finish our season this coming season versus Nebraska in Lincoln, NE and I'm sure it will be a fun and nervous one to watch. I am liking how their press is chalking us up as the favorite to win the West. Check out this fun read:

In a zero-sum game there's only room for 3 sides (max) of the Quadrangle of Hate to have good records at the same time. Someone has to be left out in the Quick Lane Bowl. For a long time that was us. Now it might be Nebraska. If they get better, that is.

Sipple is a pretty good writer and throws respect in the direction it is deserved.

But.... the Nebraska fans won't buy it, they are one of the most delusional fan bases in the country. They don't believe it even when you ram it down their throats.

Sipple is a pretty good writer and throws respect in the direction it is deserved.

But.... the Nebraska fans won't buy it, they are one of the most delusional fan bases in the country. They don't believe it even when you ram it down their throats.

it really doesn’t matter what they think.

Heaven help us if you can't convince people who believe that the earth is flat that in fact the earth is round.

I enjoyed that article - thanks! I don’t like hearing wisconsin returns so many starters on defense - but I’m crazy excited to watch our offense next year.

Frost keeps pulling in recruits so it shouldn't be THAT daunting to be in the West.

Imagine being Purdue...
It’s interesting.
it’s much Harder to go 11-1 in the East.
It’s much easier to go 7-5 in the East.

Frost keeps pulling in recruits so it shouldn't be THAT daunting to be in the West.

Imagine being Purdue...
The Purdue that has a 2020 class five spots above the Gophs and had a top 25 class in 2019? That Purdue?

I enjoyed that article - thanks! I don’t like hearing wisconsin returns so many starters on defense - but I’m crazy excited to watch our offense next year.

Wisconsin probably doesn’t like hearing we have so many starters on offense returning.

Wisconsin probably doesn’t like hearing we have so many starters on offense returning.
Why? It's not like our offense did anything spectacular this year against them and their entire d-line is returning. Fact is, we have to get much better to beat becky at camp fluffy pants next year.

For NE to catch up they have to not only recruit far better than the rest of the West but they also have to coach far better. As of today neither has happened.

Why? It's not like our offense did anything spectacular this year against them and their entire d-line is returning. Fact is, we have to get much better to beat becky at camp fluffy pants next year.
Tanner did have almost 300 and 2 TDs. Several missed opportunities that could have extended drives or been big plays. Lots of coulda/woulda/shoulda I know.

The running game disappointed for sure (did not have all starters).

But I for one am looking forward to this group (even vs Wisconsin) next year.

For NE to catch up they have to not only recruit far better than the rest of the West but they also have to coach far better. As of today neither has happened.
Nebraska has had the top recruiting class in the B1G West all three years Frost has been HC.

The Northwestern program will not be that bad again. Fitz is an excellent program coach.

Nebraska reminds me very much of where the Gopher program was around the late 1960s. "Why arn't we winning the National Championship this year?!" "Nothing fundamental has changed, we just need to recruit more local players and get a coach who knows how to win every game." Etc. I think they are only now beginning, beginning to understand how top to bottom hard it is to play in the Big Ten, nine games a year.

In a zero-sum game there's only room for 3 sides (max) of the Quadrangle of Hate to have good records at the same time. Someone has to be left out in the Quick Lane Bowl. For a long time that was us. Now it might be Nebraska. If they get better, that is.

Wisconsin loses Taylor, but returns Cohn / Cephus and most of their defense. I expect them to be very good defensively next year. They play Notre Dame OOC.

Minnesota loses most of their defense (Winfield pending) and one of their best receivers. I expect them to be very good offensively next year. They play a easy schedule next year.

Iowa loses their QB and a lot of trench players. I expect them to struggle next year.

Illinois found a real offense this year, but they lose their transfer QB so they will regress.

Purdue loses a lot of offensive production and probably won't compete again until 2021.

Nebraska loses most of their defensive front but returns essentially all of their offense. I expect them to be very good offensively next year, but they run into a buzz saw in crossover going to tOSU and then play PSU at home the very next week.

Northwestern will definitely be much better across the board next year.

The West isn't getting any easier with the investments they have made in their football programs over the last few years.

I think Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Nebraska will be vying for first place next year. It wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota / Wisconsin ends up deciding the division in early October.

247 Team Talent ranking...

Nebraska: 24th
Minnesota: 46th

Is there anyone here who would trade rosters with Nebraska?

I think Fleck is a better details coach than Frost is.
Frost is a brute-strength guy.
Better scheme, better technique, more consistency will beat brute strength more consistently than vice versa.

247 Team Talent ranking...

Nebraska: 24th
Minnesota: 46th

Is there anyone here who would trade rosters with Nebraska?

How about just swapping recruiting classes?

How about just swapping recruiting classes?

If you think there’s a significant difference between 88.39 and 85.44 average ranking. Would their recruits even be a good fit? Who knows....

Nebraska throws a lot of shit (offers) against the wall. Some is bound to stick.

Last edited:

As for recruit ratings, MN had a slew of 3 star players with all conference honors and 1 no star. I wouldn't lose sleep over them.

If you think there’s a significant difference between 88.39 and 85.44 average ranking. Would their recruits even be a good fit? Who knows....

Nebraska throws a lot of shit (offers) against the wall. Some is bound to stick.
If they don't start winning very soon, expect them to start sliding in the recruiting wars. They are getting their 4-5 stars from what they did several years ago. I am very interested in seeing how the Gophers recruit this year - I think we start trending upwards!

Top Bottom