Nebraska Offense This Year

A lot of the people were down on Nebraska. I think they are an up and coming team that will give the Gophers real problems regardless of our passing game.
I mean they’ll probably be 3-4 when we play them, they have no notable wins, and lost to Illinois. I don’t really view them much different than Purdue at this point. I think they’ll always have the to potential to be up and coming as they consistently recruit better than most in West, but they still aren’t there this year.

Nebraska Offense. Yes, Nebraska offends me.

Nebraska's defense is #5 in the B1G against the pass, and #8 against the run.

I'm guessing that P.J. Fleck will view the success of Nebraska's offense in much the same way as he looked at Purdue's vaunted pass-happy offense. To Fleck, the best way to stifle a high-powered offense is to keep them off the field.

You may disagree with that approach, but that's how Fleck sees things. If I'm betting, I'd wager Minnesota stays true to the Fleck version of Tressel Ball. Brace yourself, because there will be RUTM in the Nebraska game.

That said, I'd love to be able to see what happens if Autman-Bell, Wright, Jackson and Brown-Stephens are all healthy and ready to go against the Cornhuskers.
Minor analysis will tell you they are a top 12 overall defense in points allowed. And tell your friend Donny to shut the F up!

I hate Nebraska.

Total defense rankings for the teams Nebraska has played:

42. Oklahoma
78. Buffalo
97. Illinois
103. Michigan St
113. Northwestern
119. (FCS) Fordham.

The Gophers are currently ranked 29th. Gophers opponents rank in Total Defense:

24. Purdue
48. Bowling Green
71. Miami (OH)
74. Colorado
84. Ohio St
Offensive Rankings:

TOTAL OFFENSE 123 Last updated October 8, 2021

1. Ohio State

56. Purdue

79. Miami of Ohio

126. Bowling Green

129. Colorado

Note: Our Gophers are 109th

So, if I am understanding this correct, as things stand in these rankings, the MN defense is the best Nebraska will have seen so far, and the Nebraska Offense is the second best the MN defense will have seen so far?

So, if I am understanding this correct, as things stand in these rankings, the MN defense is the best Nebraska will have seen so far, and the Nebraska Offense is the second best the MN defense will have seen so far?

Minnesota's defense will be the second best Nebraska has seen after they play Michigan tonight.

lol. Solid reply. By the way Murray, you were 2-7 vs Nebby. Nice work.

Hey, Nebraska was a different animal back then. I won two national championships, by the way.

Is it true you refuse to roll on shobbos? If true, you'd better tell those f#@ks down at the league office, man. They'll have to reschedule.

Last edited:

Hey, Nebraska was a different animal back then. I won two national championships, by the way.

Is it true you refuse to roll on shobbos? If true, you'd better tell those f#@ks down at the league office, man. They'll have to reschedule.
Yes, Shabbat throws a kink into college football plans. No bowling, for sure and I record the games.

Looked pretty good against Michigan!

Nebraska seems to live or die by the explosive play! They very well could have trouble with teams that limit their explosive plays. I know 'easier said than done'.

Martinez worries me as I feel like the Gophers really struggle to make 1 v 1 tackles...and they've also struggled to actually complete the act of sacking the QB when they get home on a rush. With a mobile QB, these issues become more significant.

Offensively for Minnesota, my hope is that the putrid offense to date inspired some significant changes over the bye week. This is the tougest game (on paper) for awhile and could set the Gophers up for at least some hope to be relevant in late November if they can get the win.

Martinez worries me as I feel like the Gophers really struggle to make 1 v 1 tackles...and they've also struggled to actually complete the act of sacking the QB when they get home on a rush. With a mobile QB, these issues become more significant.

Offensively for Minnesota, my hope is that the putrid offense to date inspired some significant changes over the bye week. This is the tougest game (on paper) for awhile and could set the Gophers up for at least some hope to be relevant in late November if they can get the win.

Well, one big change was when we lost our best player in the first game of the season. Another big change came when we (apparently) lost his replacement, who had been playing exceptionally well in Mo's stead.

The Gophers are a running team and now we're down to the next man up in the offensive backfield, for the second time this season.

I am hoping the offensive line and the QB and the receivers and the defense all step up in a big way. It's time to row, baby.

the Gophs defense needs to be ready for tempo

the Gophs defense needs to be ready for tempo
Key against Nebraska is similar to what you face with Purdue, bend but don't break, make them run a lot of plays and wait for them to make a mistake. Nebraska brings the added element of the QB run but both Nebraska and Purdue want to spread you out and make you cover the whole field and force you to make one on one plays in space.

Top Bottom