Nebraska now at 15 transfers added to roster

swingman

Reaction score
a WR from TX and a DT from Alabama latest.

S from Alabama
another wr from TX
DL from Tx Tech
CB from UNI
DE from TCU
WR from NMSU
QB from TX
QB from FSU
WR from LSU
P from MT
CB from ASU
OT from OkSU
IOL from NoCO

leaving Lincoln:
LB to PSU
QB to KSU
QB to SoDSU
LB to Hawaii
DL to Oregon
DL to Oregon
WR to NoTx
WR to Washington
DE to Va Tech
RB to FAU
RB to KU
LB to TN
5 others no destination announced

I think Gophs are at 8
DT from Houston Baptist
DL from Vandy
DL from Clemson
OL from Michigan
OL from ND
K from Ball State
CB from ACU
CB from WKU

21 leaving MPLS:
QB to Missouri State
QB to Illinois State
LB to SMU
RB to Oregon
WR to KU
DL to ISU
OL to RU
RB to Akron
DL to USF
LB to USF
WR to Tx Tech
RB to KU
WR to Central Ark
WR to Pittsburg State
TE to Liberty
an OT, K, WR, CB, WR, and OL with no destination announced

really, really tough to predict what teams will be like in 2022 with all the comings and goings

Nightmare for the coaches dealing with players and parents.

One wonders about the continuity of player development and whether there will be some effect on program stability with the movement of players. The coaches have their hands full.

As long as we always have a core group of leaders for each position group, I think the Gophers will be fine.

We have never seen these many changes in the college football landscape in a short span.

It started with the Covid Pandemic, followed by the advent of the Transfer Portal, then NIL, and now talks of possible realignment.

We live in exciting times!

Last edited:

I am certain Neb. will be much improved this fall - regardless who is coaching. our Gophers will be hard pressed to win in Lincoln.

I am certain Neb. will be much improved this fall - regardless who is coaching. our Gophers will be hard pressed to win in Lincoln.
Frost has added 15 quality transfers for the 2022 season, and has a 2022 class of 18 enrolled HS commits. He has remade 33 scholarship roster spots out of 85. This is a better than average recruiting haul for Nebraska (because of NCAA’s relaxation of the 25 signees per year cap). Lots of talent plus many new coaches. Can Frost still screw it up? Or will the quantum of new talent plus the new non-buddy coaches transcend Frost’s bad coaching tendencies? If Frost continues to lose with this new boatload of talent (some being paid heavy NIL dollars), he will be run out of Lincoln.
Game 4 for each team (Michigan State for us, Oklahoma for Nebraska) will tell us a lot about what to expect in the Minnesota-Nebraska match-up.

Frost has added 15 quality transfers for the 2022 season, and has a 2022 class of 18 enrolled HS commits. He has remade 33 scholarship roster spots out of 85. This is a better than average recruiting haul for Nebraska (because of NCAA’s relaxation of the 25 signees per year cap). Lots of talent plus many new coaches. Can Frost still screw it up? Or will the quantum of new talent plus the new non-buddy coaches transcend Frost’s bad coaching tendencies? If Frost continues to lose with this new boatload of talent (some being paid heavy NIL dollars), he will be run out of Lincoln.
Game 4 for each team (Michigan State for us, Oklahoma for Nebraska) will tell us a lot about what to expect in the Minnesota-Nebraska match-up.
Don't know how all the new faces will work out but this is 100% a make or break year for Frost at Nebraska. If the team fails to show some serious improvement he will be sent packing.

If his name wasn't Scott Frost he would have been fired already.

Maybe! But he hasn't proven much in the stat that matters most! Martinez also put up nice individual stats!
I always kind of liked Martinez. But Husker fans couldn’t wait to pack his suitcase and put him on the next bus. I think he’ll have a nice year at Kansas St.

I always kind of liked Martinez. But Husker fans couldn’t wait to pack his suitcase and put him on the next bus. I think he’ll have a nice year at Kansas St.
Yeah I think he's a good not great player. Had moments where he looked amazing and then at times would make some boneheaded mistakes. In the right system I think he could shine.

He did, but still went 4-6 as a starter and was benched against Iowa St. He's a perfect fit for bowless Frost.
I believe he was benched due to an injury due to his thumb and had trouble gripping the ball, not performance.

Last edited:

I believe he was benched due to an injury due to his thumb and had trouble gripping the ball, not performance.

Possibly but I couldn't find anything that stated that. He had one of his best games of the season the following week, but they still lost to Kansas.

One wonders about the continuity of player development and whether there will be some effect on program stability with the movement of players. The coaches have their hands full.

As long as we always have a core group of leaders for each position group, I think the Gophers will be fine.

We have never seen these many changes in the college football landscape in a short span.

It started with the Covid Pandemic, followed by the advent of the Transfer Portal, then NIL, and now talks of possible realignment.

To live in exciting times was a Chinese curse.

The OL is one position that excellency demands the players play together for a long a time as possible.
QB and his WRs may be another example and the defensive backs another.
The better recruiters do not have large numbers of players leaving and thus the need for large numbers of replacements.

Yeah, I do wonder for players who would be in the last 2-3 rounds of the NFL draft if moving around might impact their development more than the opportunity presented with transferring? Just a thought.

Top Bottom