Nebraska loss - Instant reaction

These are probably the two largest fanbases that think their schools should be Alabama in football, perhaps reasonably were in that position some decades ago, but have massively regressed and they can't dig themselves out of the hole, and the fans don't understand why:

Nebraska and Tennessee.

Interestingly enough, Martinez had one of his best games in quite some time. 24/34 with no picks until the overtime.

Nebraska's defense is good.
They'll win some games this year yet.

Nebraska was playing Big Boy Football Saturday night.

We did not earlier in the day.

Thanks for chasing this down. Concur good stuff.

This guy should be a MN sports fan. Vikings, and Gophers alone would have killed this dude years ago. Throw in the Twins I mean come on.

Nebraska was relevant in my lifetime, hell not even that long ago. I don't feel bad.

Nebraska was playing Big Boy Football Saturday night.

We did not earlier in the day.

Thanks for chasing this down. Concur good stuff.
I just watched the Nebby highlights and they actually looked really good.

Defense is very good at this point in my opinion. Martinez was good at passing the ball which makes him way more dangerous.

The question is whether they are improving fast enough to get the wins on their schedule. When we host them, it won't be an easy game by any means.

At this point, I would pick Huskers 14-17 points better than Gophers. Martinez is scary and their D seems legit

Defense is very good at this point in my opinion. Martinez was good at passing the ball which makes him way more dangerous.

The question is whether they are improving fast enough to get the wins on their schedule. When we host them, it won't be an easy game by any means.
For all mocking we do of Frost, looks like they're finally figuring out some things

At this point, I would pick Huskers 14-17 points better than Gophers. Martinez is scary and their D seems legit

Nebraska is still not very good. They lost to Illinois. Oklahoma has struggled in every game they've played except for their layup game. Michigan St hasn't played anyone outside of a down Northwestern team and a very overrated Miami team.

Martinez is the best QB in the BIG.
But he has no support in the running game.
Since he has been at NE he has been THE running back.
By the third quarter he is beat up and starts to not see open receivers and is prone to TOs as demonstrated in OT against MSU.

Interestingly enough, Martinez had one of his best games in quite some time. 24/34 with no picks until the overtime.

Nebraska's defense is good.
They'll win some games this year yet.
Man the incompletions were all on Martinez -- even some of the completions required acrobatics to pull them in -- but the pick and the fumble were real back breakers (not to mention the shanks by the punter)

This guy should be a MN sports fan. Vikings, and Gophers alone would have killed this dude years ago. Throw in the Twins I mean come on.

Nebraska was relevant in my lifetime, hell not even that long ago. I don't feel bad.
He lives in Minnesota but his obsession seems to be Nebraska football. But yeah, would love to see him rant about Minnesota sports, always entertaining....

By the third quarter he is beat up and starts to not see open receivers and is prone to TOs as demonstrated in OT against MSU.
WanDale was the guy for them as well -- good for his body that Kentucky isn't asking him to run inside so many times

Last edited:

He lives in Minnesota but his obsession seems to be Nebraska football. But yeah, would love to see him rant about Minnesota sports, always entertaining....
He's run Corn Nation, the Nebraska SbNation for ~15 years, and lives in the Cities. He's big on all things Nebraska. I always find humor in his short commentaries.

Sounds like our friend Bryce Benhart might get benched.
Frosty says he's looking for better play at left guard and right tackle.

As much as I don't like the guy, Clifford is a far superior QB to Martinez right now, and others could be argued as being better as well.

😂😂😂

That's funny. There are at least 4 QBs better than Martinez in the B1G.

He's already taken 18 sacks this season. 18!

I'll give him company after the BGSU kick in the sack #%$^!@((*&.! :poop::poop:

He must sit on his throne a lot.

He should come to the light and be a Gopher fan. After all, he may be secretly married to one. 🤗

Last edited:

Sounds like our friend Bryce Benhart might get benched.
Frosty says he's looking for better play at left guard and right tackle.
He would have been better in the Gopher wood shed about now.

That's funny. There are at least 4 QBs better than Martinez in the B1G.

He's already taken 18 sacks this season. 18!
Most football gurus worth their salt would agree that QB sacks are first the fault of the OL and second the fault of the receivers not getting open; not the fault of the QB.

As much as I don't like the guy, Clifford is a far superior QB to Martinez right now, and others could be argued as being better as well.
What are the facts behind that statement?

Most football gurus worth their salt would agree that QB sacks are first the fault of the OL and second the fault of the receivers not getting open; not the fault of the QB.

He's a very mobile QB, yet he has nearly twice as many sacks as the next QB in the B1G. He definitely deserves some of the blame.

He's a very mobile QB, yet he has nearly twice as many sacks as the next QB in the B1G. He definitely deserves some of the blame.
I believe that any time a QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage, even on a designed QB option run, it is counted as a sack ... that might explain the high number. TFLs against Martinez when he is essentially a RB are sacks?

They probably are figuring out in the cornfield how to knock off the Gophers.

Tell that to the many idiots in our Vikings fan base.

Top Bottom