Nebraska is 14/1 to win Big Ten - Really!!! Not this again.

99Gopher

Reaction score
Scott Frost swaps out almost his entire coaching staff and they give them 14/1 odds for the Big Ten title? Here comes the over hyped machine again.

1652120700459.png

Gophers are 5th to win the west on Fan Duel:

Attachments

• CEB93968-88D6-470B-B8F1-301C714E4362.jpeg
    CEB93968-88D6-470B-B8F1-301C714E4362.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 5

I think the Gophers being "low" is not entirely absurd. It's low, but not without some reasonable reason.

I hate to say it this way but the idea that Neb should be anywhere close to Wisconsin is BONKERS.

Are these odds that anyone can actually bet on / against? Like does being wrong about this actually hurt the folks taking bets? If it doesn't, then it's just BS.

I think the Gophers being "low" is not entirely absurd. It's low, but not without some reasonable reason.

I hate to say it this way but the idea that Neb should be anywhere close to Wisconsin is BONKERS.

Are these odds that anyone can actually bet on / against? Like does being wrong about this actually hurt the folks taking bets? If it doesn't, then it's just BS.
Yes these can be bet. I’m in a legal state and have bet on the Gophers to win the west at +900

Frost could get caught providing recruits with hookers and steroids.
The program could get the death penalty.

and some yahoo would still rank Nebraska ahead of MN in a pre-season poll.

Hey, if I was a gambler I would probably put WI and IA ahead of MN based on recent history - but what bleeping basis is there to rank Neb 2nd in the B1G West?

Are Nebraska fans that delusional? Apparently they are.

Frost could get caught providing recruits with hookers and steroids.
The program could get the death penalty.

and some yahoo would still rank Nebraska ahead of MN in a pre-season poll.

Hey, if I was a gambler I would probably put WI and IA ahead of MN based on recent history - but what bleeping basis is there to rank Neb 2nd in the B1G West?

Are Nebraska fans that delusional? Apparently they are.
I think a lot of Nebraska fans are pretty skeptical of Frost at this point.

The media louder guys maybe less so for some rando reason.

As always, betting odds reflect what they think likely bettors are willing to bet on.

Not what they think is actually true.

IE, lot of delusion Neb fans.
Exactly right. It’s not what Vegas thinks the odds should be. It’s what Vegas thinks the public thinks the odds should be.

There must be this underlying belief that at Nebraska, they are always just a light switch away from being a Big Ten contender.

Always have enough talent via the rankings, so it's just getting them "one more play".

Yes these can be bet. I’m in a legal state and have bet on the Gophers to win the west at +900
I'm thinking more along the "WRONG" bets that favor someone.

We can't place a bet that "neb really has less a chance than those odds" can we?

In that is the case it really doesn't hurt them favoring someone absurdly....

I'm thinking more along the "WRONG" bets that favor someone.

We can't place a bet that "neb really has less a chance than those odds" can we?

In that is the case it really doesn't hurt them favoring someone absurdly....

You are correct. I would say that win totals are probably a better endorsement of what “Vegas” thinks of these teams. I haven’t seen any totals posted yet though.

Scott Frost swaps out almost his entire coaching staff and they give them 14/1 odds for the Big Ten title? Here comes the over hyped machine again.

View attachment 18413
These are literally all bad bets. The likely outcome is Ohio state but even that doesn’t pay well. I wouldn’t bet the big ten this year.

If I was going to I would put money on Purdue and Minnesota as I see them as equal (small) odds to Iowa and wisconsin but paying better.

View attachment 18413
As others have pointed out this is 100% taking advantage of delusional Husker fans who they know will bet their team even though they also know there is virtually no shot of them winning the conference, especially next year.

Nebraska fans are already talking about the Gophers game this season.

The refs weren’t wrong there but Texas with some of the worst clock management ever there

Know you guys hate the advanced stats, but even those have Minnesota as the second best team in the B1G West. No reason the Gophers can't win division this year. Just like there was no reason last year.

If PJ sticks around then it's going to happen eventually.

There must be this underlying belief that at Nebraska, they are always just a light switch away from being a Big Ten contender.

Always have enough talent via the rankings, so it's just getting them "one more play".
If you ever watched the post-game coaches show after their game with us last year, the entire show reeks with this kind of sentiment.

Granted, it's a coaches show and so they're going to emphasize the highlights and put a positive spin on it.

But if you didn't watch the game and just listened to Frost ... they basically had the game won. Just a lineman falling down, or just this little thing or that crazy thing, hard to believe they didn't win it.

I know it wouldn't be the same odds, but is there a book willing to let me bet AGAINST Nebraska winning the Big Ten?

That's a solid bet.

Sadly, so too for any team other than Ohio State.

These are literally all bad bets. The likely outcome is Ohio state but even that doesn’t pay well. I wouldn’t bet the big ten this year.

If I was going to I would put money on Purdue and Minnesota as I see them as equal (small) odds to Iowa and wisconsin but paying better.
I think someone could make a good argument for putting money on UM + PSU with these odds.

How many years of irrelevance does it take to lose your “blue blood” status when it comes to ratings? I wouldn’t trade current programs with NE and that must disgust Husker fans everywhere when the realism of that sets in.

Top Bottom