Nebraska gets some new threads

Nate

cum grano salis
Reaction score
http://btn.com/2014/08/01/photos-get-first-look-at-nebraskas-new-alternate-uniform/

Bt94HLUCcAAfmvi.jpg:large

ARRRGGGHHH!!! CHANGE!!!! I HATE CHANGE!!!! :rolleyes:

Is that Bielema modeling the new uni's? If so he may have lost a few pounds.

Bo is trying way too hard to get people around there to like him again.

Looks like a crappy Arena Football League uniform. Sad to go away from such a classic jersey.

Looks like a crappy Arena Football League uniform. Sad to go away from such a classic jersey.

That is just for one game which Nebraska has been doing for a couple years ago. They wore black against UCLA and the Wisconsin game Uni's were very similar to this from two years ago. They aren't going away from the classics.

It's alright aside from the numbers and the fact that it's red on red. The jersey design isn't horrifying (at least from that pic) but they should wear white pants with it.

Memo to Delaney step in and stop the madness! There are teams in this league that have an established brand. Seems the only team who has not taken the bait from Nike or whomever is Penn State and maybe Iowa. They are one of the most recognizable teams in College sports. Recognizable to fans alumni and the viewer. Nebraska's school colors are scarlet and cream. For the longest time they would wear the Cream Jerseys with Scarlet Number on the Road and when they broke on the scarlet pants it was ok. At the time the featured old english numbers. The helmets were Cream with a Scarlet N. Every one made fun of the helmet I know, But this has nothing to do with the brand it diminishes it. These uniform changes are not for the players or attack recruits. Its money from the manufacturer. This is where the Delaney needs to step in and say no you don't. No wonder we cannot build the Big 10 if each school goes off with some of this Nike design stuff.

Memo to Delaney step in and stop the madness! There are teams in this league that have an established brand. Seems the only team who has not taken the bait from Nike or whomever is Penn State and maybe Iowa. They are one of the most recognizable teams in College sports. Recognizable to fans alumni and the viewer. Nebraska's school colors are scarlet and cream. For the longest time they would wear the Cream Jerseys with Scarlet Number on the Road and when they broke on the scarlet pants it was ok. At the time the featured old english numbers. The helmets were Cream with a Scarlet N. Every one made fun of the helmet I know, But this has nothing to do with the brand it diminishes it. These uniform changes are not for the players or attack recruits. Its money from the manufacturer. This is where the Delaney needs to step in and say no you don't. No wonder we cannot build the Big 10 if each school goes off with some of this Nike design stuff.

What? I highly doubt fans and alumni won't know they are watching Nebraska. The "unrecognizable" argument for jersey modification is pretty weak. I would argue that it is EXACTLY what the kids or recruits, however you want to phrase them, want in the present. Not saying I like these particular modifications, but hey, this is the time we live in. If you don't care for the jerseys, don't watch the Nebraska game. That is, if you can "recognize" who Nebraska is. :rolleyes:

If these uniform changes are all import and what recruits and players want explain to me how Alabama, LSU, FSU, Georgia, Penn State, Iowa hope to compete? This is all about Nike edgy marketing ala their home team Oregon and selling it to teams with cash.

If these uniform changes are all import and what recruits and players want explain to me how Alabama, LSU, FSU, Georgia, Penn State, Iowa hope to compete? This is all about Nike edgy marketing ala their home team Oregon and selling it to teams with cash.

LSU and Georgia have both done alternative uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HATE CHANGE! J/K (kind of).

I agree that new uniforms can get obnoxious, but this is about revenue streams and recruiting. It's fun, it's different, it's narcissistic, and it makes money. Innovate or die.

I'd rather see some obnoxious Gopher jerseys than the same one every game of the year--that means they are at least trying to generate more revenue, interest, and recruit excitement.

Heck, it's not like they haven't had a new uniform pretty much every season anyway. Why not have a handful each year, including everything from obnoxious to retro.

Thank you. It's all about selling out. It looks cheap. If you have a great look you stay with it.

When they rank uniforms which Gopher ones do they use. If it is maroon over gold they are 1 or 2. If it is all gold(?) or gold over white they are 13th or 14th.

Oh yeah, and what about branding that many yak about?

Thank you. It's all about selling out. It looks cheap. If you have a great look you stay with it.

When they rank uniforms which Gopher ones do they use. If it is maroon over gold they are 1 or 2. If it is all gold(?) or gold over white they are 13th or 14th.

Oh yeah, and what about branding that many yak about?

We're gonna brand how many yaks???

So you want the B1G commissioner to step in and make it so schools bring in less money. I'm sure the presidents of the 14 schools that employ him will really appreciate that.

LSU and Georgia have both done alternative uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As has FSU. Boy, I wonder how those schools compete? Iowa even uses there awful looking "throwbacks" pretty much every year, as seen here:

throwback.jpg

here:

100925IowaThrowbacks01-400x274.jpg

or here:

images.jpg

My god. How have all these schools survived JERSEY MADNESS?!?!?!

Iowa classic? That's the Steelers' uni, son. Copycats aren't classics

You nailed it!!

Too funny. Look at the pic on the screen behind the guy. He has clown feet. Ha Classic! Dang, we gotta
beat these guys at their place. Make it two years in a row. Make em whimper.

Great graphic 4th guy!

Top Bottom