Nebraska game: 11 AM kickoff on ESPN/ESPN2

11am! Apologies for my lack of knowledge but how does tailgating work at such an early hour? As have mentioned on previous threads a few of us will be over from London, England for the game and wanted to get into the tailgate mix.

11am! Apologies for my lack of knowledge but how does tailgating work at such an early hour? As have mentioned on previous threads a few of us will be over from London, England for the game and wanted to get into the tailgate mix.

You start at 6am. Kind of unfortunate if you only are here once in a blue moon, but people still have a good time.

I start by at least 7:30 tailgating for 11:00 AM games. Unfortuante, yes... but with one bloody mary in my system by 7:45 the switch to beer or mixed drinks is surprisingly easy. For 11:00 kick offs, we do some sort of breakfast eggs/bacon/sausage burritos before the game and switch to more "normal" tailgate food after the game.

Early start it is then. Unless you can just roll straight from a club/bar from Friday night to a tailgate at 6am ish. It is what it is and am sure we will have a great laugh. Anyone with areas to go for the best tailgate feel free to share. We will be loaded up with beers ( happy to share of course ) and just need a place to drink them while joining in the pre game vibe.

Anyone with areas to go for the best tailgate feel free to share. We will be loaded up with beers ( happy to share of course ) and just need a place to drink them while joining in the pre game vibe.

East River Flats is my favorite if you can't get into a lot right next to the stadium. Affordable, close, unmatched view/surroundings. Must be willing to walk up a hill though.

How's the traffic getting out afterwards? The one entry/exit point to and from the River Road without much of a chance to divert to an alternative route makes it look like a tough situation.

How's the traffic getting out afterwards? The one entry/exit point to and from the River Road without much of a chance to divert to an alternative route makes it look like a tough situation.

Traffic is not an issue if you don't do one thing: hurry home so you're not late for...who the hell knows. Go back to your spot for half an hour to 45 minutes, then pack up and drive home with virtually no traffic. Has worked at Lot 37 for every game.

East River Flats is my favorite if you can't get into a lot right next to the stadium. Affordable, close, unmatched view/surroundings. Must be willing to walk up a hill though.

Hill walking is not a problem especially if I have had a few beers. Will check it out mate. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom