Nebraska Fans Throwing Shade at PJ

This just in.

That wad in Scott Frosts mouth while speaking during press conferences? Used kitty litter.

I will take PJ.

As a little kid I used to live in York, Nebraska. Population 7,500 and an hour west of Lincoln. The town motto was "it's not the end of the Earth, but you can see it from there"

We looked at Ord as "oh my God, how can someone live somewhere that boring in the middle of nowhere?" Just a Godforsaken, barren place to live.

I just admire the tenacity of this young Gopher fan looking to Row The Boat in a place with only dirty puddles and stock ponds to row said boat in. You will turn 18 soon. There's better days ahead.

Seriously - imagine if the entire state of MN supported the Gopher program the way Nebraska supports that program.

I understand the situations are different - MN has competition from pro sports, etc.

But- it's still fun to consider what that would be like. I'm 66 - but I'm still too young to really remember when the Gophers owned the state. I was 6 years old the last time they went to the Rose Bowl, and I wasn't following college FB much at that time. was more interested in dinosaurs.

so, you can rip Nebraska all you want, but those people support that program on a whole different level than the way people in MN support the Gophers.

Seriously - imagine if the entire state of MN supported the Gopher program the way Nebraska supports that program.

I understand the situations are different - MN has competition from pro sports, etc.

But- it's still fun to consider what that would be like. I'm 66 - but I'm still too young to really remember when the Gophers owned the state. I was 6 years old the last time they went to the Rose Bowl, and I wasn't following college FB much at that time. was more interested in dinosaurs.

so, you can rip Nebraska all you want, but those people support that program on a whole different level than the way people in MN support the Gophers.
I feel like they do own rural mn that way. Especially among older generations. Just the citidiots like me that aren't all on board the gopher train.

Here's are few of the thousand or so "PJ Fleck" obervations being posted by Nebby fans. Love it that he's in their head so much.

View attachment 14817
It will be sweet if the Gophers can eke out a victory this Saturday. Win by a point at the very last second would be nice. There is a lot of Rolaids being passed around tonight. I am not too hopeful but keeping my fingers crossed.

View attachment 14809

Now technically Fleck is only 2-1 against Frost and 3-1 against Nebraska but this was in the twitter thread associated with the above letter and it cracked me up.

At first I laughed, but then realized that he'll be 2-2 against Frost/3-2 against Nebraska after tomorrow and I didn't find it so funny anymore. :( Honestly, I wonder if this will become a weekly thing for every team we play or just really big fanbases/passionate fans like Nebraska?

Competition from NDSU as well from the entire NW portion of the state i’m from.

Two things:
1) Its pretty obvious that the Nebraska fans are pretty insecure. Should mention childish as well.
2) Not much going on in Nebraska. This weekend here, there is absolutely a ton of college football of all divisions going on, soccer, theater, pro sports, and so forth. Its always hard for one sport to be the king of the mountain here when we have so many activities to support. Wouldn't have any other way.

At first I laughed, but then realized that he'll be 2-2 against Frost/3-2 against Nebraska after tomorrow and I didn't find it so funny anymore. :( Honestly, I wonder if this will become a weekly thing for every team we play or just really big fanbases/passionate fans like Nebraska?
You’re guaranteeing a loss then?

Didn't you predict we'd lose big to Purdue 2 weeks ago?

Exactly. I recently moved to Nebraska and, wow, this place really loves the Huskers. And I’ve lived other places with rabid fanbases, like Alabama. This is another level and Nebraska isn’t even that great, nor have they been for years. I get why Minnesota doesn’t have a fraction of that devotion, but I sure wish they did.

Was going to say I was just up in the Perham area and it’s nothing but NDSU gear.
The problem is Fargo is so close and easily accessible. Detroit Lakes is the same. So many Fargo dorks have vacation houses and they infiltrate the bars and restaurants with their filth. Like commies and cockroaches.

Just kidding. It is hard to change a lot years of that though. They've been so successful and fun to drive an hour for a good game and not spend a lot of money in the process.

FBwsPyqXsAMiKYt.jpeg

Just a little callback action for you since now the graphic is right. sure you are bummed your prediction failed to come true.

Top Bottom