Nebraska Depth Chart released.

Appears that “or” means things are not 100% cemented at that position. Keep in mind that some college coaches love putting that word everywhere too.

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpeg
    IMG_4183.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 8

Does “OR” mean they’re effectively both as likely to fill that spot?
Or typically means the starter at that spot isn't set but it is also important where the "or" is. For example it looks like Sims is the starting QB and the backup QB position is where the "or" is so it could be either of those guys.

Looks like Omar Brown has worked his way into one of the starter spots. Don't remember a lot about him coming out of high school and looks like he only got interest from FCS schools. Didn't do much for Nebraska last year (4 tackles) but has to be a thrill for him to get to come home as the starter for the game in MPLS.

Benhart and Corcoran starting makes me feel better and the gophers chances.

Nice to see that former North HS player Omar Brown is starting, he did well at Northern Iowa and I hope he plays well this year, although not to the detriment of the gophers

The size and depth of the Husker DL...should have our OL licking their chops.
Go push them around, boys!

just in case anyone was wondering, the Chubba Purdy listed as the 2nd or 3rd-team QB is the brother of 49'ers QB Brock Purdy.

Benhart ... will be his fourth year in a row starting every game (presumably) at tackle for a Big Ten team ... but assume he still won't be good enough to come out for the draft?

Which Gophers are going to make him look like a chump again, this year?

When do we release our depth chart? After halftime?
You have to make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request two weeks before the applicable game. Might have to appeal to Federal District Court for injunctive relief.

When do we release our depth chart? After halftime?
I hope that Fleck does not play this cat and mouse game. When the Gophers played out there about 12 years ago Kill was apparently playing coy with the Gopher's depth chart. A columnist with the Vegas paper wrote an entire article about the arrogance etc., of the Big 10, with Minnesota thinking that they didn;t need to provide their depth chart to UNLV in a timely manner.... Coaches tend to overthink these things. I hope to see the Gopher depth chart soon.

just in case anyone was wondering, the Chubba Purdy listed as the 2nd or 3rd-team QB is the brother of 49'ers QB Brock Purdy.

And Jeff Sims is looking to resurrect his career after a tough stint at Georgia Tech. Sounds like he was deemed unfit for duty by GT HC after a series of average to poor play and injuries. Maybe another involuntary “medically retirement” by coach, or maybe a cordial parting of ways. Anyway, Nebraska is rolling on 4.4 potential. Maybe it works out. From late 2022 (SI transfer portal article on Sims)

"In regards to Jeff, Jeff won't be with the football team, really kind of indefinitely now. We had meetings with Jeff and meetings with the doctors and the medical professionals and came to the determination that it would be best for Jeff to not be in meetings or not be in practice, but to be in treatment and in rehab right now moving forward. Decisions that are made are like we have said since day one, made in the best interest of the team and Georgia Tech and for the health and safety of our players."

You have to make a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request two weeks before the applicable game. Might have to appeal to Federal District Court for injunctive relief.

Gambling lobbyists are surely making calls about the proposed national College Athletics Corruption Reduction and Gambling Bill of Rights Act of 2023 which will include language on mandates for injury reports, two deeps; “leveling the playing field” enabling gamblers to avoid losses which can disproportionately affect people of disadvantaged sociological status/ low economic status/minority status, or low math skills. “In these tough economic times it’s past time to make gambling available and fair for everyone, in college athletics.”

I hope that Fleck does not play this cat and mouse game. When the Gophers played out there about 12 years ago Kill was apparently playing coy with the Gopher's depth chart. A columnist with the Vegas paper wrote an entire article about the arrogance etc., of the Big 10, with Minnesota thinking that they didn;t need to provide their depth chart to UNLV in a timely manner.... Coaches tend to overthink these things. I hope to see the Gopher depth chart soon.
Do we ever release an "official" depth chart? I don't think teams are required to do it so Fleck doesn't but could be wrong on that.

Wow... an entire article in the Vegas paper.

Gambling lobbyists are surely making calls about the proposed national College Athletics Corruption Reduction and Gambling Bill of Rights Act of 2023 which will include language on mandates for injury reports, two deeps; “leveling the playing field” enabling gamblers to avoid losses which can disproportionately affect people of disadvantaged sociological status/ low economic status/minority status, or low math skills. “In these tough economic times it’s past time to make gambling available and fair for everyone, in college athletics.”
Making it available to Iowa and Iowa State football players!

was that Vegas article the one I'm thinking of - someone was making fun of the Gophers for not releasing a depth chart, so they made up their own Gopher depth chart with all kinds of "jokes" in it - silly names, etc.

I have some vague memory of that - anyone else remember it?

was that Vegas article the one I'm thinking of - someone was making fun of the Gophers for not releasing a depth chart, so they made up their own Gopher depth chart with all kinds of "jokes" in it - silly names, etc.

I have some vague memory of that - anyone else remember it?
Colorado gopher depth chart

Colorado released a fictional depth chart ahead of the Gophers game.

Top Bottom