Nebraska and Iowa slow starts lead to anger, boos from fans

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Randy:

The boos at Kinnick Stadium were noticeable, and one of their targets was offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz, whose father, Kirk, is Iowa's coach. The elder Ferentz didn't like what he heard, but he understood it.

"Everybody on the team is human, so I'm sure they hear it,'' Kirk Ferentz said. "I'm going to say it's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Quite frankly, my bigger fear is social media.''

The Hawkeyes, notorious slow starters, can silence those Kinnick critics with a victory Saturday over rival Iowa State. Doing so with some offensive flair wouldn't hurt, either.

"It's a big game for everybody in the state,'' Kirk Ferentz said.

Go Gophers!!

“Fire Brian, fire Brian” was the common cheer. Brian being the OC, son Ferentz. Does this remind anyone of Gopher comments concerning our OC?

“Fire Brian, fire Brian” was the common cheer. Brian being the OC, son Ferentz. Does this remind anyone of Gopher comments concerning our OC?
At least we had hope that a change might happen.....Iowa fans have little to no hope that Kirk is going to fire his son, and BF isn't going to get any coordinator offers anywhere else based on what he has done at Iowa so he is unlikely to leave on his own.

Tubby Smith kept working so his son Saul would have a job. It pobably did not turn out well for Saul when Tubby finally did quit.
I could see Old Man Ferentz refusing to retire until Brian is made HC.

Nepotism must be nice.

Top Bottom