Nebraska Adds 6 Games to Future Schedule

How do you know he wasn't being truthful? Do you know him personally? Or just because it doesn't fit the narrative that anyone can get in? I don't see why he would lie about that.

He may not have been lying at all. Rather, it could simply be that you're misinterpreting his words to mean what you want them to mean.

More than likely, what it actually meant is that UW admin were not willing to admit a high school student who wasn't certain to qualify for the NCAA DI minimum standards. UW is 100% willing to admit a student who does meet the standards, but is otherwise well below the average scores of the incoming student body. And have done so many, many, many times, in many sports. Same as U of Minn, and U of Mich, and every public school in the Big Ten.

At the very least the U was not willing to work with someone who was a borderline qualifier.

Correct. That exactly supports my argument.

I don't know how else you can interpret this:

"It's been well [documented] there were some kids I couldn't get in school," the Badgers' former coach said. "That was highly frustrating to me. I lost some guys, and I told them I wasn't going to lose them.
"I think they did what they were supposed to do [academically] and they still couldn't get in. That was really hard to deal with."

Why he would want a player to be admitted to the school who wasn't going to be eligible to play? That doesn't make sense.

As far as Nwankwo, the point is that we had to pass on him due to academics. Then he was admitted to another school and was eligible to play. How is that not exactly what I was talking about?

I've said before that most schools will be flexible when it comes to admissions for athletes. But being flexible and admitting anyone who qualifies are two different things.

We beat the Jackrabbits! It’s the Coyotes we fear.

Yes. SDSU is a stronger program overall. Though they're both good. I guess that B1G rule of not scheduling FCS is out the window? Or Nebraska gets a special pass?

I don't know how else you can interpret this:

"It's been well [documented] there were some kids I couldn't get in school," the Badgers' former coach said. "That was highly frustrating to me. I lost some guys, and I told them I wasn't going to lose them.
"I think they did what they were supposed to do [academically] and they still couldn't get in. That was really hard to deal with."

Why he would want a player to be admitted to the school who wasn't going to be eligible to play? That doesn't make sense.

Andersen firmly believed the player would eventually qualify, by increasing his test score on retakes. It happens all the time. But the school would not admit the player without already qualifying first. I guess, Utah State was more willing to do whatever the head coach wanted.

It's really quite a simple scenario to understand, I think.

As far as Nwankwo, the point is that we had to pass on him due to academics. Then he was admitted to another school and was eligible to play. How is that not exactly what I was talking about?

The U of Minn would not admit him because he hadn't yet qualified for the NCAA DI minimum requirements.

He then later qualified, and then VCU admitted him.

Again, exactly supporting what I'm saying.

You have a point for places like Air Force, Navy, Stanford.

But we're comparing public schools.

Guaranteed that any coach at any Big Ten public can get any player he offers a scholarship to into the school, so long as said player passes the minimum NCAA requirements for qualifying at the DI level. Guaranteed fact. Any example you come up with to the contrary, at least in the past 5 years, will have some circumstance that you're excluding for the sake of your argument.

Complete and total balderdash. Challenge you to come up with actual examples.

Tyrone Chambers is an example from last year. Once again you're wrong but of course you won't admit it.

Assuming you're talking about this guy? https://247sports.com/player/tyrone-chambers-76207

I can only assume that the U of Minn would not admit Mr. Chambers because he had not yet qualified for the NCAA DI minimum requirements. He then later qualified and was admitted by the MAC school.

That exactly supports what I'm saying.

Assuming you're talking about this guy? https://247sports.com/player/tyrone-chambers-76207

I can only assume that the U of Minn would not admit Mr. Chambers because he had not yet qualified for the NCAA DI minimum requirements. He then later qualified and was admitted by the MAC school.

That exactly supports what I'm saying.

He literally signed with the team on signing day because he knew he wouldn't get into the U. No, you're wrong again.

He literally signed with the team on signing day because he knew he wouldn't get into the U. No, you're wrong again.

It's easy to see you're making that up. Because you would've posted a link as evidence, if there were such actual evidence.

Of course you made that up.

"Sounds like an academic deal there."

Zero details of what actually happened. Hearsay only.

Like I said, you're making up what you want to be the case.

"Because I'm close to qualifying, Minnesota wanted me to go to a junior college for one year, then they would bring me in to their program," he added. "I visited Toledo last week and just feel very comfortable with that staff and the people there."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/scout....T-Tyrone-Chambers-From-Minnesota-74928692/Amp

Andersen firmly believed the player would eventually qualify, by increasing his test score on retakes. It happens all the time. But the school would not admit the player without already qualifying first. I guess, Utah State was more willing to do whatever the head coach wanted.

It's really quite a simple scenario to understand, I think.

The U of Minn would not admit him because he hadn't yet qualified for the NCAA DI minimum requirements.

He then later qualified, and then VCU admitted him.

Again, exactly supporting what I'm saying.

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin...ordan-stevenson-part-of-a-recent-trend-072415

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015/7/5/8892207/wisconsin-badgers-jamil-kamara-transfer-news

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin...-but-andersen-should-have-known-better-121114

There may have been something fishy going on at Wisconsin, with Andersen. Funny, you don't hear about such occurrences now that Alvarez has the guy he wants at the helm. I have very little doubt that Wisconsin has players on its roster that just meet the NCAA DI minimum requirements, and are well below the average of the student body at UW.

The exact same is true of U of Minn. And frankly, in both cases, there is nothing wrong with that.

The post that started this was #22, with the statement "Mason, Brewster and Kill had players they couldn't get into the U who got into schools elsewhere. At least 2-3 of them got into NDSU."

And implication of this post is that the admission standards for U of Minn are so much higher than NDSU (or UND, which is what I was talking about prior to that post), that a player like, for example all-state St Francis standout John Santiago, had to go to UND because he simply wasn't smart enough to get into the U of Minn.

Which would be simply a bald faced lie.

The admissions standards at the U of M are absolutely higher than NDSU and UND.

The admissions standards at the U of M are absolutely higher than NDSU and UND.

Only for regular students, which you know is not at all relevant to the discussion.

Fleck can get any player he wants admitted to the school, so long as said player has qualified per NCAA DI minimum requirements. Mason, Brewster, and Kill also enjoyed that privilege.

The evidence, in my opinion, appears that it may have been likely that someone was screwing around with Andersen behind the scenes at Wisconsin. Virginia is a very well respected school, so it would be highly unlikely that a player good enough for Virginia wouldn't be good enough for Wisconsin. So that makes me think that.

Top Bottom