NE-WI volleyball TV numbers top NE-Northwestern football; Gophs-Badgers VB gets prime window Sunday on FOX

swingman

Reaction score
Nebraska football was overshadowed in the ratings by its women’s volleyball counterpart on Saturday.

Saturday’s five-set #1 vs. #2 Wisconsin-Nebraska women’s college volleyball match averaged a 0.27 rating and 612,000 viewers on BTN, marking the largest regular season college volleyball audience on record. The previous high was 587,000 for the same Nebraska-Wisconsin matchup on BTN last year.

Viewership comfortably surpassed the Cornhuskers’ much-hyped match at Memorial Stadium earlier this year (518K).

Beyond the record audience, the game outdrew its lead-in from the Northwestern-Nebraska college football game on the same network (0.27, 560K). It also came reasonably close to Wisconsin’s college football game against Illinois on FS1 (684K).

The new record is unlikely to last for long. FOX will carry a college volleyball match for the first time this coming weekend, airing Minnesota-Wisconsin immediately following its NFL coverage in much of the country on Sunday. (FOX will air Ohio State-Michigan prior to the NFL in markets receiving a late NFL game). In the same post-NFL window on FOX this past Sunday, PBA bowling averaged 1.19 million.

Gonna be an 0-3 sweep, and ugly at that, I’m afraid. Picked a bad year for the team to fall off a cliff.

If there's a women's team sport I'd pay money to see, it's WVB by far! WBB isn't even a close second!!

Gonna be an 0-3 sweep, and ugly at that, I’m afraid. Picked a bad year for the team to fall off a cliff.
I think Minnesota pulls one set-win out of their ass. They seem to care a little when playing Wisconsin.

If they win a set, great! 1-3 is the ceiling

Top Bottom