NE: 2nd leading tackler suspended; Androff, 5th best '22 MN croot, not on roster; key d-lineman in accident -out for season; Baylor transfer out

swingman

Reaction score
On the opening day of Nebraska football’s training camp, Husker coach Matt Rhule delivered news that two-year starter Myles Farmer was suspended in the summer and is not a member of the 120-man roster.
“It’s just kind of day-by-day,” Rhule said of Farmer’s potential to return. “I love Myles. He’s a competitive kid. It’s so hard when you have a new coach and there have different standards than you’re used to, so I get that. We’ve been patient with a lot of guys. We’ll see what happens with Myles.
“The ball’s in his court. We’d love him to be here, but whatever he wants to do, I respect him as a man.”

A member of the 2019 recruiting class, the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Farmer has 112 career tackles and four career interceptions in 26 games, serving as a part-time starter in 2021 and a full-time starter in 2022, when he finished with 73 tackles and an interception. (2nd leading tackler in 2022). He’s been in a competition with Lincoln Southeast graduate Isaac Gifford for the new rover spot on NU’s D.

More quick roster notes​

* Receiver Josh Fleeks reported to camp overweight and is not part of the 120-man roster while he cuts down his weight. Transfer out of Baylor, where he played for Rhule.
* Offensive tackle Jacob Hood has “chronic ankle stuff” that is keeping him out of camp and in “rehab mode.”
* Defensive lineman Brodie Tagaloa will miss the season after being involved in a car accident weeks ago. Rhule talked to Tagaloa over the weekend via FaceTime. Was expected to be in d-line rotation.
“He had a cut to his face and had to have surgery on his knee,” Rhule said. “We expect him to miss the year, unfortunately. Brodie was coming along great. But he’s got a bright future.”
* Seth Malcom, a 2021 recruit at linebacker, and Chase Androff, a 2022 recruit at tight end, are no longer listed on the roster or part of the team. Neither played a snap for the Huskers.

Malcolm, a former eight-man star at Fremont-Mills (Iowa) High School, got caught in a logjam at linebacker, where NU has added multiple transfers and moved safeties John Bullock and Kaine Williams to the position.

Androff, a three-star recruit, got similarly caught in a tight end logjam; speculation that Androff might grow into an offensive lineman never came to fruition.

Androff out of Lakeville South....247 had him as 5th best player in Minnesota in 2022.

If Myles Farmer still hadn’t figured the new culture out, and isn’t in the lineup for NE opening day, I guess I’m OK with that. 😏

It looks like they are still waiting on a waiver to be granted on Arik Gilbert as well. I’d be ok if the ncaa waits until after the first game to make a determination.

On the Nebraska board they're downplaying this, claiming he was running with the 2's, was a leftover from the undisciplined Frost teams, etc.

This can only help week 1, them having a fresh, inexperienced face out there.

Top Bottom