NDSU & SDSU still alive in FCS playoffs

So NDSU fumbled, Word recovered. They initially called him down, they reviewed it and still called him down. What? It was clearly a fumble.

As good as the UIW quarterback is, that was a really stupid throw to make to end the game. NDSU made fewer mistakes, are well coached and got helped by the refs big time on that late fumble (which I still don't understand). UIW has more talent. That might be the first time I've said that against an NDSU FCS opponent since they played some of the teams that moved up to FBS.

Were they playing in Georgia with Georgia high school refs??
They missed a few for sure but UIW shot themselves in the foot more than once. They beat themselves more than NDSU won it

The review was NOT to see if he fumbled...he did. The review was to see if NDSU recovered it, which they did, and which was called on the field. The review showed nothing to dispute that. The Word player holding the ball up and proclaiming it's his recovery? Please...happens all the time after the initial recovery is made. The announcers did everyone a disservice by not clarifying that.

The review was NOT to see if he fumbled...he did. The review was to see if NDSU recovered it, which they did, and which was called on the field. The review showed nothing to dispute that. The Word player holding the ball up and proclaiming it's his recovery? Please...happens all the time after the initial recovery is made. The announcers did everyone a disservice by not clarifying that.
I'm not seeing either ndsu player with the ball at any time in the review.

Do you have a shot of where NDSU recovered it? Because everything I saw they never had possession of it. Laying on top of it with your back is no possession, even if the ball isn't moving anymore.

Never heard of the team that ndsu beat by the way. As a result of it, can't remember it.

Assuming it's the same as the NFL with a 'clear recovery'. As much as I dislike nsdu I can't see a clear and immediate recovery. Has to stand, unfortunately.

It seemed to me that game was fixed. Didn’t mind the outcome..

Looks like they're headed for a rematch in the championship game. Should be fun.

Looks like they're headed for a rematch in the championship game. Should be fun.
Hopefully the Bison get one of their 2 starting running backs back. Also will need to complete more than one pass like they did yesterday

Recap:

FCS Semi-Finals:

NDSU 35, Incarnate Word 32
SDSU 39, Montana St. 18

in the 1st game, UIW was up 16-3 after the 1st Qtr, but NDSU got its running game going and outscored them 32-16 the rest of the way. NDSU was just stronger at the line of scrimmage.
NDSU with 328 yds rushing and 5 passing. UIW had 539 yds total offense but had 4 Turnovers and went 1-4 on 4th-down conversions.

on Saturday, SDSU led early 7-6 and then put the hammer down. Montana St. lost its best running QB early to an injury, and they couldn't run at all. Field was snow-covered and slippery, playing with -16 wind chill. SDSU just pounded the ball and broke enough big plays. total offense 473-281.

now we wait...........3 weeks........for the Championship game. Yup - not till Jan 8th.

Title game a rematch of the regular-season tilt that SDSU won 23-21.

I did not know this. Didn't they used to play this game on a Saturday away from the NFL?

Why play it on Sunday?

Top Bottom