NDSU football getting creamed right now by the Salukis

It's hard to know really...no doubt their QB's were talented but they were on a really really good team playing against bad competition. My guess is guys like Tanner Morgan, Mitch Leidner, Phillip Nelson, etc. would have put up very impressive numbers if they were QB's at NDSU during that run.
I don't know. I'd take Easton Stick over Leidner or Nelson easily, and perhaps Morgan. Let's see how Morgan rebounds this year (hopefully OUTSTANDING!) and see if Stick ends up hanging with the Chargers as their backup QB.

Regardless of the competition, having 3 quarterbacks drafted in the NFL in 6 years, very possibly 2 of them in the top 10, is something I don't suspect the Gophers will ever sniff. I would be happy as hell if Mr. Morgan proved me wrong though

It's hard to know really...no doubt their QB's were talented but they were on a really really good team playing against bad competition. My guess is guys like Tanner Morgan, Mitch Leidner, Phillip Nelson, etc. would have put up very impressive numbers if they were QB's at NDSU during that run.
Though you don't get to throw the ball a ton, the type of offense they run is very conducive to success for a QB. Then of course if you can run as well (Stick, Lance), you'll also pile up yardage that way.

I don't know. I'd take Easton Stick over Leidner or Nelson easily, and perhaps Morgan. Let's see how Morgan rebounds this year (hopefully OUTSTANDING!) and see if Stick ends up hanging with the Chargers as their backup QB.

Regardless of the competition, having 3 quarterbacks drafted in the NFL in 6 years, very possibly 2 of them in the top 10, is something I don't suspect the Gophers will ever sniff. I would be happy as hell if Mr. Morgan proved me wrong though
Not trying to take anything away from those guys. They're obviously super talented, but I still think that any gopher over the last 10 years would have put up ridiculous numbers as an NDSU QB. Would they have been drafted, etc.? No, probably not, although Leidner did play for the Vikings for like two weeks and as far as I know Nelson is still in the CFL :ROFLMAO:

Not trying to take anything away from those guys. They're obviously super talented, but I still think that any gopher over the last 10 years would have put up ridiculous numbers as an NDSU QB. Would they have been drafted, etc.? No, probably not, although Leidner did play for the Vikings for like two weeks and as far as I know Nelson is still in the CFL :ROFLMAO:
Yeah it's super hard to measure these things.

Like I'm pretty sure I could get 2 yards a carry at Ohio St if they just went all in on RUTM .... but a hell of a lot less at Purdue...

Any MN QB very much faces stiffer competition over all / less top tier support around them.

I’m really anxious to hear and know whether Coach Dartt can get the Purple Raiders back to winning another Natty (and their 14th!!!) in his 1st year at Mount Union. At minimum, at least get them the Ohio Athletic Conference title again.

If however, and somehow, John Carroll can hoist an OAC banner over Don Shula Stadium - imagine the debris field of exploded heads in NE Ohio!!!!

I’ll keep checking the Buckeyes board for regular updates, and discussions, on this matter.

Go Mount Union!!!!

I’m really anxious to hear and know whether Coach Dartt can get the Purple Raiders back to winning another Natty (and their 14th!!!) in his 1st year at Mount Union. At minimum, at least get them the Ohio Athletic Conference title again.

If however, and somehow, John Carroll can hoist an OAC banner over Don Shula Stadium - imagine the debris field of exploded heads in NE Ohio!!!!

I’ll keep checking the Buckeyes board for regular updates, and discussions, on this matter.

Go Mount Union!!!!
Loud noises!!!!

Zeb Noland might be proving that you can't just be a warm body to win at NDSU. NDSU doesn't have the recruiting advantage at the FCS level that Alabama has at the FBS level. They have to develop their players and execute their game strategy.

They have to develop their players and execute their game strategy.
Sounds like the Gophers and most of the big ten.

Zeb Noland might be proving that you can't just be a warm body to win at NDSU. NDSU doesn't have the recruiting advantage at the FCS level that Alabama has at the FBS level. They have to develop their players and execute their game strategy.
Pretty hard to just be a warm body at QB and have things go well.

NDSU bounces back with 2 wins, got the running game finally going 5-1 and 3 games left til Playoffs.

41 wins in 42 games is alright i'd say.

NDSU will solve their QB problem in Fall with West Virginia QB Transfer and True Freshman Cole Peyton who turned down Nebraska. and the thunder rolls....

6 7 TE Noah Gindorf who turned down Minnesota has had a good year so far as well.

NDSU = 8 time National Champs bisonation

Wow, did you guys really beat Ohio State, Alabama and all the big boys? Can you clarify this for me? Either that I believe you've got the wrong division. Yet you're saying 8 time....

Go Mount Union!!!!
A little humor never hurts...

NDSU bounces back with 2 wins, got the running game finally going 5-1 and 3 games left til Playoffs.

NDSU will solve their QB problem in Fall with West Virginia QB Transfer and True Freshman Cole Peyton who turned down Nebraska. and the thunder rolls....

6 7 TE Noah Gindorf who turned down Minnesota has had a good year so far as well.
Saw they beat UND, who was actually ranked higher going into the game. Good, I like UND even less than I like NDSU.

FYI, the QB transfer is from Virginia Tech.

The spring season was such a bad idea and not based on the science. Shut it down and get things ready for the fall.

The spring season was such a bad idea and not based on the science. Shut it down and get things ready for the fall.
Why shut it down?
I get that it isn’t much safer then the fall but what’s the problem with playing now?

Surely you have a problem with spring football practice too then?

Leidner needed to learn to throw a spiral first
Not in FCS he wouldn't. Shoot Streveler completed one pass in the 4th quarter vs San Jose State with the Gophers. Then went to FCS and became a star. Now with Arizona Cardinals. Leidner wouldn't need a Spiral to play for NDSU

Top Bottom