NCSA Collegiate Power Rankings

RailBaronYarr

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw this, but Rittenberg posted it yesterday:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/33715/four-big-ten-teams-in-ncsas-top-100

or the direct link to the NCSA site:

http://www.ncsasports.org/about-ncsa/power-rankings/(year)/2011/(tab)/1

I can't believe how bad the U's grad rate is... we're 321st. I think we can/should be able to up the academic ranking - 64th isn't bad but not great, either. 29th isn't too shabby for the athletic department ranking given our football and basketball teams aren't world beaters (not to mention Director's Cup will award schools with more sports by their point system and we are middle-of the road in terms of number of sports offered).

But seriously, 321st for grad rate? Even if we were the 100th best in grad rate our overall ranking would be 48th and 28th in just D-1. WTF? Beyond football and basketball, what athletes AREN'T graduating??

But seriously, 321st for grad rate? Even if we were the 100th best in grad rate our overall ranking would be 48th and 28th in just D-1. WTF? Beyond football and basketball, what athletes AREN'T graduating??

Maybe Hockey? I know a ton of the Gopher players never graduate to leave early for the NHL. But other than that I have no idea.

Wow. Those numbers surprise me.

It's a good thing the B1G is stable solid conference. If they were in the Big12 they would likely be in the same boat as Kansas, KSU, and ISU where none of these other expanding conferences would want them and they could soon become mid-majors. Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota should be very thankful for the B1G.

What is the u's grad rate for general student body compared to the rest of the country? I bet it's lower than that even.

I always think of trolling to be something that people with new registrations do. They get their kicks and either leave, or move on to another board. I also consider opposing fans (or even some Gopher fans on opposing message boards) to be capable of trolling. But what term would you use when someone trolls for three years and over 4000 posts?

I always think of trolling to be something that people with new registrations do. They get their kicks and either leave, or move on to another board. I also consider opposing fans (or even some Gopher fans on opposing message boards) to be capable of trolling. But what term would you use when someone trolls for three years and over 4000 posts?
'

Sometimes the truth hurts. We have no business having such a low graduation rate. That should be easy to improve on.

No argument. But of course that isn't what I was commenting on.

No argument. But of course that isn't what I was commenting on.

I figured you weren't commenting on me.

Does anyone have any links or reports on the U's athletic dept showing graduation rates by program (male and female)? Any ideas on the underlying reasons ours is in such poor shape? While I know it's easy to say this from the outside, I feel like I could be a major help to that department getting themselves cleaned up and endeared to the public...

IDC. would you rather have them give degrees like coupons?

IDC. would you rather have them give degrees like coupons?

Other schools like Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois have very similar academics to ours, athletic programs offered, yet have much higher graduation rankings. Perhaps the rates at ranks 100-350 are VERY close to each other but who knows. They can do it, why can't we?

I figured you weren't commenting on me.

Holy #$@^&*!@#@... of course not. Your stuff is always accurate and well said. I enjoy your contributions. I just get sick of the same two or three people always posting stuff just to get a rise out of people, or attention, or whatever is the reason why they do what they do. One of them appeared in this thread and it caught me at a weak moment so I commented on it.

Top Bottom