NCAA Tournament Games Sweet Sixteen Games 2021

Owusu did not look good tonight. I agree it looked like she lost her cool and never really seem to snap out of it. So typical ending for the Terps, now the big question is how many players transfer out? That seems to be the Terps end is season ritual as well.

Agreed that the Terps looked totally lost at the end of that game. Owusu and Diamond Miller with some terrible decisions. Losing track of free throws and then Owusu's failure to get a shot up immediately on the final possession. I thought Frese was "schooled" by Schaefer tonight....pace of the game, end of the game. I'm not a Frese fan, so not disappointed. And I agree with Katogopher that it won't surprise me if some Maryland players will head to the transfer portal. It seems they always do. That being said, Frese can flat out recruit.

Michigan had a scare going home to Ann Arbor as their plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Indiana. They got back safely.

I thought UConn played great D when Baylor had a chance to win. Then after seeing the replay....Baylor should have been going to the line. The UConn player moved up under her and made contact down low.

Refs miss calls all the time. UCONN was fouled on occasion without a whistle blown. No one got screwed. Good game.

Power got restored in our neighborhood just in time to catch the almost dust up in the Indiana/Arizona game. 37-36 Arizona.

Entertaining game by the Hoosiers; but in the end there was too much McDonald and not enough three point scoring by IU.

Kim Mulkey Postgame:
Q. Tremendous season, first of all. What did you draw up in the huddle, and what did you see when DiJonai drove the ball from where your standing?

COACH MULKEY: What did you see?

Q. I was surprised they didn't call a foul.

COACH MULKEY: Then write it like that. You don't need a quote from me. I've got still shots and video from two angles. One kid hits her in the face one kid hits her on the elbow. And she was one of the options, if you're wanting to know what I drew up. One option was for NaLyssa and the second option was for her.

Q. We just obviously got done speaking with Carrington and she says tape doesn't lie about what you could see on that call. So you can't change the end of this game how it ended but is there something that could be done in the future about a review when a play like that happens that obviously could impact the final game score?

COACH MULKEY: It will never happen. It doesn't matter -- oh, well, we missed the call. It doesn't matter. You know, it doesn't matter what you write. It doesn't matter what I say. It doesn't matter what we saw. It doesn't matter what we think. Life goes on.

I think what has bothered me so much about the officiating in some of these big games is the inconsistency. That last shot by Carrington of BU was called a foul many times earlier in the game with similar contact. The contact affected the shot and should have been called a shooting foul. The same with over/ back and missed obvious contact fouls in the Texas AM/ ISU game. This inconsistency detracts from the quality of the competition. Even LeBron called foul on UConn, lol.

I think what has bothered me so much about the officiating in some of these big games is the inconsistency. That last shot by Carrington of BU was called a foul many times earlier in the game with similar contact. The contact affected the shot and should have been called a shooting foul. The same with over/ back and missed obvious contact fouls in the Texas AM/ ISU game. This inconsistency detracts from the quality of the competition. Even LeBron called foul on UConn, lol.
True although, in this case, Mulkey's moronic press conference actually made me glad U Conn won. Possibly a first.

Entertaining game by the Hoosiers; but in the end there was too much McDonald and not enough three point scoring by IU.
Mcdonald is special player, looking forward to seeing her in WNBA down the road. The Arizona coach really gets the most out of her team effort wise.

Yep both Uconn Auriema and Baylor coach Mulkey emotions like are in so much pain they have to poop, on sidelines tough to watch.
The only saving grace is that one had to knock the other one out before the final four. Like to see Bueckers do well but it is so hard to cheer for UConn.

Down by 12 at the break, Stanford is on pace for claiming the most disappointing showing of the tournament award.

Watching most of these games and thinking just how far the Gophs are from being relevant. Kind of depressing.

The game winner and the last normal thing to happen in a terrific semifinal game.

I'm impressed by Adia Barnes, the AZ coach. Do I recall that the Gophers were recruiting Lauren Ware, the backup center for AZ? I also recall that she was interested in playing both basketball and volleyball in college.

I'm impressed by Adia Barnes, the AZ coach. Do I recall that the Gophers were recruiting Lauren Ware, the backup center for AZ? I also recall that she was interested in playing both basketball and volleyball in college.
Yes but MN volleyball didn't really have a spot (they had the #1 recruiting class this year), not that it mattered with simultaneous volleyball and basketball.

Top Bottom