NCAA Tournament Games 2022

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

The Gophers didn't get an invitation and there will be a lot of attention focus on the former Hopkins and current UConn star Paige Bueckers. But you could put together a pretty good squad with these 10 Minnesotans who are hoping to be playing in the women's Final Four at Target Center next month.

It’s a good thing you started this topic, because if I would have started it, I would have been attacked for supporting Minnesotans going to successful basketball programs…. something all good Minnesotans should do.

I knew of 7 of these players.

That story also shows just how strong the pipeline of home grown Minnesota players is. There are more than can ever stay home. It also show how important in-state recruiting can be. Marlene Stollings was a failure at even trying that in her time here - and it does take time for Whalen's staff to make the needed re-connections since players commit so early in high school.

Last edited:

It’s a good thing you started this topic, because if I would have started it, I would have been attacked for supporting Minnesotans going to successful basketball programs…. something all good Minnesotans should do.

I knew of 7 of these players.

Successful huh? Thats what Kneepkens and Johnson did?

Lets review..

This is Coach Roberts SEVENTH Season at Utah. Her FIRST NCAA Tournament during her time there.

Utah's last two records before this year...

20-21: 5-16 (4-15 in Pac-12)
19-20: 14-17 (6-12 in Pac-12)

Whalen's same record those two seasons:

20-21: 8-13 (7-11 in Big Ten)
19-20: 16-15 (5-13 in Big Ten)

So it took Utah Coach (Who had coaching experience, something shades and others use against Whalen) seven seasons including 2 under .500 before this year, to get to NCAA.

Once again....good try.

Remember...everyone better keep same hate for Gophers/Whalen if and when the 2022s turn this team around.

Pointing out a competence deficit is not the same as "hate".
No... but constant complaining about not getting kids, then praising kids who dont stay. Clearly proved wrong with the "successful" comment which was clearly wrong about Utah. Never EVER EVER posting anything when they win, but instantly something to say when lose IS HATE.

also since someone cant complain about recruiting, they then act like the four coming in are overrated or will be flops. Certain people can keep that mentality when actually show out.

Shauna Green's Dayton Flyers ripped DePaul in the first half 55-32. It helps to go 11-13 from three. Erin Whalen has 17 points for Dayton.

Since we are comparing Roberts vs Whalen and Utah vs. Minnesota, Utah lacks home state players, too. Of the 13 Utah players, only two are from Utah and 7 are from 6 other states, including 2 from Minnesota. There also are 2 from Australia, 1 from Portugal, and 1 from Quebec. What does this say about recruiting?

South Dakota shut down Ole Miss and former Terp Shakira Austin, 75-61. The Coyotes controlled play from midway through the second quarter. Sjerven and Lamb both scored 20 for the Summit League champs.

Last edited:

And Creighton's lane cutting helped the Blue Jays to an 84-74 win over Colorado. STrib Minnesota player to watch Lauren Jensen scored 16. One time Gopher commit Lesila Finau scored 2 points in 20 minutes before leaving the game late in the fourth quarter with a leg injury.

Last edited:

Say goodnight to the Huskers-if you can find them. They were represented by some low spark imposters in Louisville where they lost to Gonzaga 68-55. Haiby had 20 points but little else for the Zags.

Gopher Hole's most divisive player, Gianna Kneepkens (it's a joke) and her Minnesota teammate, Jenna Johnson took down Arkansas 92-69. Kneepkens had 16 points and 7 rebounds while Johnson scored 12 points. The Utes move on.

Watching 8th grader Maddyn Greenway from Providence Academy...if she continues to develop I see her as a Paige Becker or Catlyn Clark.

Princeton takes out SEC darling Kentucky 69-62 setting up a match in Bloomington with Indiana. The Hoosiers and Tigers are two teams who understand who they are.

3 seed LSU (26-5) barely escapes 14 seed Jackson State (23-7). Final score 83-77.
ex-Gopher Daja Woodard with 6 points and 6 rebounds in loss.

3 seed LSU (26-5) barely escapes 14 seed Jackson State (23-7). Final score 83-77.

Thanks, I caught the highlights of that game and thought Woodward looked familiar but couldn't remember why.

After the win, Kim Mulkey upset a few people by saying to Tomekia Reed: "I said, you ain't going to be at Jackson State long if they don't pay you," Mulkey said "And I'm not her agent, I'm not her best friend, I just know talent and I respect people from afar on a job well done."

She quit before the season started.

Clark and Czinano didn't get much help from Iowa's supporting cast, which was mostly brutal. Iowa could have used Jensen today. Third straight sellout in Iowa City ends badly for the Hawkeyes.

Who hates Iowa ? Losing @ home was brutal. I saw some posts from their fans calling Mpls. Kinnick North. Too bad the joke is on them even before the lost today. Between their fans tearing down our goal posts and the sex in the BR episode they should be embarrassed.....

This early loss gives Clark more time to work on her flops and cry baby antics for next year.

DOWN goes another #2 seed on their home COURT..

South Dakota knocks off Baylor 61-47

South Dakota out played Baylor from the tip.. started the game on an 11-0 run.. never looked back..

SD have not trailed in the tournament yet..

Some of these teams cant shoot at all. Baylor 5-26 from 3 today

Top Bottom