NCAA Tournament Chances

GopherNation

Reaction score
We are still in this.....Wins over WIsconsin and Purdue and I guarantee we are in. Long shot? Maybe. But they can still get it together. This Northwestern game coming up is huge!! Don't give up yet.

Hey, while there's life there's hope. But this loss exposed some things, I think. I'm not holding out much hope.

We are still in this.....Wins over WIsconsin and Purdue and I guarantee we are in. Long shot? Maybe. But they can still get it together. This Northwestern game coming up is huge!! Don't give up yet.

I like your moxie of going against the flow. :D

I think we have at least 8 games left in this season, and I want to keep myself a little more spirited. So, yeah, let us keep looking till the season is over. :)

2 chances.

W out (or maybe 1 more loss).

Or win Big 10 tourney.

Very slim on both.

Well TECHNICALLY, obviously if they don't lose another game in the regular season, they can still cement even a pretty good seeding in the NCAA tournament. 21-9, 12-6 in the Big Ten would be very appealing lol.

But I have seen zero from this team of late that gives me any impression that they can do much better than maybe 3-4 to finish the year? Maybe a win @ NU sparks something, but we thought that about beating Michigan last night. I just know that VIP, Westy, and Hoff are gonna have to really step up and lead this team if they wanna make these last seven games at least worthwhile.

2 chances.

W out (or maybe 1 more loss).

Or win Big 10 tourney.

Very slim on both.

That about sums it up.

I'm as much of a homer as Sid but this team has done nothing to warrant any chance of going 6-1. If they don't have a huge turnaround from last night they will have a hard time beating Indy and Iowa at the Barn. Sorry.

NCAA chance-zero

I don't think it's a matter of the fans giving up. Rather, it seems to be the players who have given up. And therein lies the real problem.

no chance.

@NU L
UW L
IU W
PU L
@ILL L
@MIch L
Iowa W

7-11 or 8-10 is not going to make the dance.

MRJ

I don't think it's a matter of the fans giving up. Rather, it seems to be the players who have given up. And therein lies the real problem.

Sadly, I agree.

Looking at the schedule after watching last night's performance I can only see two games they might win.

7-11 seems pretty likely at this point.

Perhaps it is time to start giving more minutes to next years players.

You all are a bunch of haters. If we aren't gonna win any of the remaining games, then don't come to the barn for the home games. Thank you GopherNation for being the one person on this board that has a backbone. Yeah, last night's loss was very tough on the spirits, but half of you would rather we just forfeit the rest of the season - it's ridiculous. To say that there is ZERO chance of us making the tournament is lunatic too. There is a reason they let everyone play in the Big10 tourney. At this point, we would not make the NCAA tournament, but fortunately enough, they don't make that decision for another month. I think some people need to find a new favorite team that wins all the time so they don't have to complain and find a scapegoat for everything (Iverson isn't a D1 player, Westbrook is a crybaby that can't do anything right, Royce White is a god and would have won the NCAA championship for us if he played by himself, Tubby's coaching skills are worse than my 7th grade son's basketball coach, Devoe isn't a floor leader... I could go on, but you get the point). You play to win the game!

So, to sum up........ QUIT DRINKING SO MUCH HATORADE............... (And I'll keep drinking my kool-ade)

GPU

You all are a bunch of haters. If we aren't gonna win any of the remaining games, then don't come to the barn for the home games. Thank you GopherNation for being the one person on this board that has a backbone. Yeah, last night's loss was very tough on the spirits, but half of you would rather we just forfeit the rest of the season - it's ridiculous. To say that there is ZERO chance of us making the tournament is lunatic too. There is a reason they let everyone play in the Big10 tourney. At this point, we would not make the NCAA tournament, but fortunately enough, they don't make that decision for another month. I think some people need to find a new favorite team that wins all the time so they don't have to complain and find a scapegoat for everything (Iverson isn't a D1 player, Westbrook is a crybaby that can't do anything right, Royce White is a god and would have won the NCAA championship for us if he played by himself, Tubby's coaching skills are worse than my 7th grade son's basketball coach, Devoe isn't a floor leader... I could go on, but you get the point). You play to win the game!

So, to sum up........ QUIT DRINKING SO MUCH HATORADE............... (And I'll keep drinking my kool-ade)

Haters?

Just a tiny bit over the top I would say.

But as rants go, not too bad.

I still say, after last night's performance, 7-11 in the Big Ten looks likely and maybe 1 win in the BTT. It is not hate. It is an opinion.

:)

Coach Brew, love your optimism. However you need to get Seantrel to come to the U before I will believe.

we gotta play the games boyz.....Maybe Tubby sparked these guys by calling them out...I actually think it is a good thing he said he needs better players! For one--it is true...secondly, if these D1 players have any competitive spirit they will take the coaches comments as a challenge and step it up a couple levels...The ONLY way this team has a chance is to over-achieve---they can no way win on talent!.

Gotta love you guys. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone craved a new path to the tourney for us. Win out uh. Right.

Let's put real odds to it. We need to go 6-1. I'll assume @Ill will be the loss. So the odds of winning the other 6:

@NW 40%
Bucky 40%
Indiana 80%
Purdue 40%
@Mich 30%
Iowa 80%

Odds of winning all 6: 1.23%. Not good. But probably better then the chances of the Twins winning the division down 7 games on September 7th (or 3 games with 4 to play).

GoldyPush-Ups

Thanks for reminding me that one should never, ever, ever, give up.

You didn't. And the Gopher's sure didn't.

Top Bottom