NCAA Tournament 1st and 2nd Round Games 2021

Fun evening games: 37 all BYU/Arizona heading to the fourth quarter. And Iowa State leads A&M 57-48 at the end of three.
Been an entertaining tournament after day 1. Would really like to see neutral site games in future tournaments, upsets are more likely.

A&M has gotten some real favorable whistles at the end of both their games, wow
This is a serious understatement. It is what makes basketball so frustrating to watch for me. I enjoy basketball, especially watching it played well with crisp passes and cuts, but this is what makes me quit watching for periods of time. The last minute of the Iowa St. vs. A & M game was 20 minutes in real time with the addition of painful calls/non-calls.

This is a serious understatement. It is what makes basketball so frustrating to watch for me. I enjoy basketball, especially watching it played well with crisp passes and cuts, but this is what makes me quit watching for periods of time. The last minute of the Iowa St. vs. A & M game was 20 minutes in real time with the addition of painful calls/non-calls.
(and too many annoying cuts to Joens' dad, although he had reason to be mad)

Good point, janelpick. I joined the ISU/A&M game late and I couldn't figure out who the wacko ISU fan was who was screaming his lungs out and running up and down the stairs in anger. He was an embarrassment. That being said, ESPN should have never showed some of those antics. Seems like the networks almost always pick fans to focus on during the game, usually relatives. I've seen plenty of Naz Hillman's mom, Frank Garza, Franz Wagner's parents, and Sister Jean. It doesn't normally bother me, even though it probably should, but this was downright embarrassing to the network, the father, and the ISU player.

Agreed. The Troy coach directly said the poor officiating cost them the game. Pitts looked over/ back. In the ISU game the inconsistency and the no call foul when Jordan Nixon hacked Joen's arm in the lane was brutal. It really detracts from an amazing and hard fought game.

Good point, janelpick. I joined the ISU/A&M game late and I couldn't figure out who the wacko ISU fan was who was screaming his lungs out and running up and down the stairs in anger. He was an embarrassment. That being said, ESPN should have never showed some of those antics. Seems like the networks almost always pick fans to focus on during the game, usually relatives. I've seen plenty of Naz Hillman's mom, Frank Garza, Franz Wagner's parents, and Sister Jean. It doesn't normally bother me, even though it probably should, but this was downright embarrassing to the network, the father, and the ISU player.
It did seem like there was a point that ESPN's director had had enough of Joens' screaming - there was a quick cutaway from him and we didn't see him after that. (I honestly worried he was going to have a stroke.)

Top Bottom