NCAA Signing Cap—Colorado

Building a program the right way means winning, look at TCU this year with all the transfers. Times are changing
I get times are changing. What I don’t get is why we need to pretend like it’s getting better. Like I said I don’t expect any rules to be put in place.

Lol, you sound upset?

Scholarships are year to year, they are free to leave and stay if they are ok with limited/o playing time....with the transfer portal and NIL there really is very little to wine about. "The right way" and other things, sounds like you want them to suck for years........The right way is to win, not how to build according to btwongopher.
Nope, not in the B1G anyways. A football scholarship is guaranteed by the school for all four/five years. Plus there's always the Alabama (and Michigan) deal of "hey, you're going on our injured and never can play again" scholarship plan. You can of course keep a student from getting to play and tell them that, but you can't pull their scholly and/or force them to leave.

They aren’t student athletes anymore. NIL makes them pros. Why even enroll in classes anymore?
Might be going a little overboard since the vast majority of players are not making life changing NIL money. There are only a small percentage of players getting the massive deals thrown at them.

That said, the student part of student athlete has certainly been devalued in college football and basketball for sure.

Building a program the right way means winning, look at TCU this year with all the transfers. Times are changing
It does bring up an interesting question. Would fans rather see their team build something sustainable that might not reach the pinnacle or go all in on transfers and shoot for the top and risk being like Michigan State where it all falls apart the next year?

Will be interesting to see how good TCU does next year and if they come anywhere close to replicating their success from this season.

Colorado just got a commitment from transfer no. 21 and has more transfer visits scheduled. 2023 team will bear very little relation to the 2022 team. Discontinuity might be very positive for Deion. Glad we’ve already played Colorado.

For everyone that yelled for years that college players needed more than just scholarships….. this is what it looks like. As they gain more freedoms the schools will balance it out. NIL and easy transfers are what they are. Make the bed, lie in it.

As for coaches “forcing” kids out - why act like this wasn’t already happening? (Virtually) All coaches (except PJ, of course) at major schools have done that forever - just like bosses do to employees in the business world every day. It’s ugly, and often not fair, but it is only going to get worse now.

Colorado just got a commitment from transfer no. 21 and has more transfer visits scheduled. 2023 team will bear very little relation to the 2022 team. Discontinuity might be very positive for Deion. Glad we’ve already played Colorado.
They’ll be different, not sure they’ll be better. The transfers aren’t exactly world beaters. Three are kickers and one is a punter.

For everyone that yelled for years that college players needed more than just scholarships….. this is what it looks like. As they gain more freedoms the schools will balance it out. NIL and easy transfers are what they are. Make the bed, lie in it.

As for coaches “forcing” kids out - why act like this wasn’t already happening? (Virtually) All coaches (except PJ, of course) at major schools have done that forever - just like bosses do to employees in the business world every day. It’s ugly, and often not fair, but it is only going to get worse now.
We all know kids get “forced” out, the methods of forcing them out is what I am debating.

As long as the athletes have "student" in front of their title they are legally able to leave their present school and go to whatever school will accept them like any other student.
After the NCAA was burned to a crisp in SCOTUS I doubt, despite all the whining by some coaches, that they will try to limit student-athlete mobility.

Colorado is up to an amazing 23 portal transfers. Adding that to its new HS recruit class of 17 means that there will be at least 41 new scholarship players at Colorado in the 2023 season. Maybe more if Deion keeps adding. Almost half of Colorado’s scholarship roster is turning over. Deion is making Mel Tucker of MSU look like a piker.

Colorado is up to an amazing 23 portal transfers. Adding that to its new HS recruit class of 17 means that there will be at least 41 new scholarship players at Colorado in the 2023 season. Maybe more if Deion keeps adding. Almost half of Colorado’s scholarship roster is turning over. Deion is making Mel Tucker of MSU look like a piker.
Colorado and Texas A&M are two of the more interesting Portal places this year. Colorado has a ton coming while Texas A&M had a ton (28) going out with only 3 transferring in to this point.

Everyone is dealing with a ton of roster churn but those two schools are taking it to another level.

It does bring up an interesting question. Would fans rather see their team build something sustainable that might not reach the pinnacle or go all in on transfers and shoot for the top and risk being like Michigan State where it all falls apart the next year?

Will be interesting to see how good TCU does next year and if they come anywhere close to replicating their success from this season.
I feel like TCU caught lightning in a bottle in 2022. A new HC with moderate success takes over a program with good success that has had a few down seasons.

I feel like TCU caught lightning in a bottle in 2022. A new HC with moderate success takes over a program with good success that has had a few down seasons.
MSU was in a similar boat with Tucker.

Coach Prime on the ManningCast and also has his own show on Amazon Prime, I’d find that cool as an 18 year old.

Top Bottom