NCAA Regional Final: Gophers v Broncos (3-27-22)

Hoping what we saw in the third period on Thursday shows that the team finally got the rust out after playing only 2 games in the span of one month. Motzko kind of suggested the same. Thought I heard the announcers mention that, prior to the UMass game, Motzko said the B1G hockey tournament championship format could use a tweak.

Last edited:

Hoping what we saw in the third period on Thursday shows that the team finally got the rust out after playing only 2 games in the span of one month. Motzko kind of suggested the same. Thought I heard the announcers mention that, prior to the UMass game, Motzko said the B1G hockey tournament championship format could use a tweak.

That format sucks ass

Perhaps schedule a scrimmage with one of the teams playing. Shouldn't be hard to find a team in Minnesota.

The arena is empty.

Also I couldn't watch last night's game, but that arena lighting sucks.

Way better first period today compared to Friday.

Hopefully will get a few more pucks on the net in the 2nd but really cant complain much.

So much better ozone pressure and cycling. We had full shifts and line changes in the ozone. Friday we couldnt last 7 seconds.

Get the impression these announcers are over-compensating to counter their UMass bias on Friday.

Lets try not and take any more penalties.

We got the SH breakaway but other than that WM moved the puck really well on that PP

Thank you hd.

I generally hate those fraction of inch calls but I'll take it

I do too.

These super close offside reviews in hockey and the baseball review of a guy who was safe but might of popped off the base slighlty that can only be seen on review. Both are really annoying.

But as you said, we will take it here!

Fuck yes!!

Thats how you take advantage of a stupid penalty.

Wasted no time.

Nice sequence to put v pressure on wmu in their zone.

Sweet. Let's see if we can exact some revenge on Mankato for last year. Hopefully they've worked on dealing with their brutal forecheck since last year. Nobody in the Big Ten does anything that aggressive....and it completely flummoxed the guys last year.

That really was about the perfect game.

Generated enough pressure.

Great Defense.

Great goaltending.

Special teams.

Gotta bring it for two more games. Gonna be a stacked FF

Yeah, it used to be all in one weekend at a "neutral" location I believe, but rarely any fans traveled so they were essentially playing in an empty arena.

The current format has the potential to create sell outs (as we saw in our game vs Michigan) but has to be spaced out over a few weeks due to the travel involved.

I wonder if there is a happy medium between the two that might work better.

Top Bottom